Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Pro X 800 , 16 Pro S LE 800, 06 Fusion 600 Dragon, 03 Edge X 600, 99 XC700SP, 96 XCRSP, 91 RXL
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with the newer Gates Redline belts? They're supposed to be even better than the carbon belts they sell and price isn't that bad compared to the carbon.
Can't seem find any reviews or firsthand information on these anywhere

·
Registered
2016 Switchback Pro-S 600
83 Posts
I put about a thousand miles on one last winter on my ‘16 Switchback 600. The belt is noticeably softer than the carbon. I do not care for the Redline as I found it too soft and when using reverse, the belt would squeal and feel like it was binding. I also lost top end compared to me using the Carbon the year prior. And yes, I set belt deflection to Polaris spec and my clutches are serviced annually. That being said, wear was minimal I found. Maybe it’s better suited to a higher horsepower unit but not my 600. I will be going back to the Carbon version for 2023

·
Vendor
4,837 Posts
Gates are typically good belts. After having a atv and following what side x side guys are doing to make belts last I switched to Gboost Belts. They have had very good luck in harsh environments. A lot of their belts have ball ground side angles for better acuracy instead of being knife cut like standard belts. I've been running them on my ATV and my sled the last couple of years and have had great sucess with them.

Gboost Drive Belts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
i bought a redline to carry as a spare. price was good, and it would just be to get back to the truck. i use only oem belts on the sled. the spare holder makes you bend the belt in a way that they say not to. rather not do that to an oem belt

·
Premium Member
15 Pro X 800 , 16 Pro S LE 800, 06 Fusion 600 Dragon, 03 Edge X 600, 99 XC700SP, 96 XCRSP, 91 RXL
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put about a thousand miles on one last winter on my ‘16 Switchback 600. The belt is noticeably softer than the carbon. I do not care for the Redline as I found it too soft and when using reverse, the belt would squeal and feel like it was binding. I also lost top end compared to me using the Carbon the year prior. And yes, I set belt deflection to Polaris spec and my clutches are serviced annually. That being said, wear was minimal I found. Maybe it’s better suited to a higher horsepower unit but not my 600. I will be going back to the Carbon version for 2023
Are you talking about the Gates GeForce C series belt or the GeForce Redline R series belt?
From what Gates rep was telling me the Redline is even stiffer than the Carbon C series of belt and is recommended for higher horsepower units, and carbon and g series for everything else

·
Registered
2016 Switchback Pro-S 600
83 Posts
Are you talking about the Gates GeForce C series belt or the GeForce Redline R series belt?
From what Gates rep was telling me the Redline is even stiffer than the Carbon C series of belt and is recommended for higher horsepower units, and carbon and g series for everything else
Yes I am talking about the GForce Redline. I have used the Carbon C12 for years without issue. A friend of mine is a sales rep for Gates and recommended I try the Redline series belt. I did not care for it for the above stated reason. Gates my say it’s stiffer, but it felt too tacky to me with how it reacted in some situations, ie. reverse. But to give it the benefit of doubt and though listed for my 600, it may be geared towards and better suited to something with more power. Gates makes a fantastic product and are my go to snowmobile belt.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Yes I am talking about the GForce Redline. I have used the Carbon C12 for years without issue. A friend of mine is a sales rep for Gates and recommended I try the Redline series belt. I did not care for it for the above stated reason. Gates my say it’s stiffer, but it felt too tacky to me with how it reacted in some situations, ie. reverse. But to give it the benefit of doubt and though listed for my 600, it may be geared towards and better suited to something with more power. Gates makes a fantastic product and are my go to snowmobile belt.
Did the sled loose rpm running the redline belt?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts