Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody from up Crannberry lake way know if there's gas right in town that U can ride to off of the trail spur that dumps into route 3 in town?

I saw a marina but it didn't look open of course. And is there gas in South Colton, NY?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Anybody from up Crannberry lake way know if there's gas right in town that U can ride to off of the trail spur that dumps into route 3 in town?

I saw a marina but it didn't look open of course. And is there gas in South Colton, NY?[/b]
was just up there this weekend. the only gas i know of was east on 3, off of trail 8, at a place called ham's (i think that was the name). nothing in cranberry lake which is a pisser. the gas situation was bad last year, and that was when they had a station right in town. this year it's much worse and you better plan trips carefully. the snowmobiling and trails were pretty good btw.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dont hold me to this just passing on info. The owner of the CL Lodge has been working on gas for some time. He has located some used equipment. I do know the tanks are being tested this morning. I will be glad to tell you wwhen it is up and running. That five gallon can thing has gotten old already.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is the CL lodge open this year?[/b]
yep, stayed there fri and sat night. i think we were the only people there. nice place. gas at the lodge would be a big benefit to the area.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the CL lodge open this year?[/b]

CL lodge has great burgers and killer fries. Nice locals hang there. We hope to ride area Jan. 23rd thru 26th, if weather changes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
CL lodge has great burgers and killer fries. Nice locals hang there. We hope to ride area Jan. 23rd thru 26th, if weather changes.[/b]

What about the mini-mart in Star Lake that was a gas stop as well,also the Thirsty Moose has gas as well as anywhere over in Tupper all an easy ride when touring the area.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about the mini-mart in Star Lake that was a gas stop as well,also the Thirsty Moose has gas as well as anywhere over in Tupper all an easy ride when touring the area.[/b]

Yeah, I know about those two. ($3.99 gal at Moose on Sunday)

I was thinking gas in Crannberry lets you play on the twisty secondary trails north of CL. Do you know if there's gas in S.Colton? That might help. Or maybe a gas caddy on the Rev.......

·
Registered
144 Posts
That is correct Hamms mini mart a Sevey corner nad the nice and easy in Star Lake both have gas. As well as the Thirsty Moose. Having gas back in Cranberry Will make it just that much more conveniet. Living right in town and having to make a twenty mile round trip is a pain in the ass. I still can not imagine FTW the owners of the Lakeside were thinking :russian_roulette: Even if they do open back up in the spring I will be damn if they see one dollar of mine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is correct Hamms mini mart a Sevey corner nad the nice and easy in Star Lake both have gas. As well as the Thirsty Moose. Having gas back in Cranberry Will make it just that much more conveniet. Living right in town and having to make a twenty mile round trip is a pain in the ass. I still can not imagine FTW the owners of the Lakeside were thinking :russian_roulette: Even if they do open back up in the spring I will be damn if they see one dollar of mine.[/b]
Yeah that does stink,just makes it more of an adventure I guess,once the hotel has gas it probly wont be cheap,but it will be worth it.

try this link for services......

http://www.slcsa.org/Business%20Sponsors.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts