Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. i having trouble removing my black gas tank from my sled. I took all the dash screws out. the 2 steering nuts in the middle. The four nuts on the left side for the foot well. the 1 screw on the left for the oil and coolant tank. the 3 nuts for the foot wall.the side panel screws. the 2 under the seat.is there one in the middle somewere or am i just a weak be-atch?any direction would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Make sure all the bolts are unbolted & I had to drill out the rivets on 1 side of the sled to get it free. Easy to put back just buy a couple new rivets
Patience & the rivets probably all you are lacking.. I do remember you had to exert some force, its a very tight fit.

·
Registered
516 Posts
gerdunk ..sorry but I don't know how to link to another thread but I went thru all this back in sept. ..if you search my posts you'll see the one about tank removal and what I went thru and all the good input I recieved on it..basically when you get everything loose you just gotta yank that sukker out..it's not glued or anything like that, just stuffed in there ..I pulled on it as hard as I felt i should before I broke something..seemed stuck or something still wasn't undone, though it did have some wiggle to it. ..went back to it after reading everybodies input and grabbed it and pulled!!! ...it popped out and that was that! ..good luck

·
Registered
516 Posts
oh..and mine is an 05 so don't know if there is any difference?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the input. i found on the 03 black tank had an extra nut on the bottom of the foot well on the rt side, were on the tank im installing(clear), does not have that extra stud out of the tank. At that point the tank was able to move a little. i drilled out the left side rivets that hold the panel, and was able to pull the tank slightly upwards(due to it sticking to the tunnel) and out. again thanks all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.