Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I open the gas cap on my F1000, pressurized air (and fumes) is released. Sled does not have to be run for this to occur. This is the first sled I've ever had that does this. Are these tanks vented, and if they are, is there a check valve or something that would cause this pressure buildup to happen? Just trying to make sure this is "normal" and that a vent line isn't plugged or pinched or something. If anyone knows for sure if this is normal (and OK), I'd appreciate some confirmation on this. Thanks! – Roy

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is a check valve in the vent line to prevent gas from leaking through the line, or taking in moisture. Works as a pressurized system so to speak, as the tank has to reach "x" pressure, either in pressure or vacume, to open and release or take in air. This is why you will hear a humming noise once in awhile coming from the tank.... So if there is a pressure build up, valve should be working properly..Hope this helps! ED

·
Registered
424 Posts
here's a dumb question why is the firecat caps vented and the old zr's not! tried to buy a billet cap for my 06 sno-pro off a zr it fits but not vented and the sno-pro was, friend told me not to use it will cause a lean affect. anybody!

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you really want to use it, Go to your dearler and get an elbow that was used on the old tanks or one like the vent on your coolant tank. Should be able to find a spot off the front of the tank to drill and tap a hole. Remember to use grease on both as not to get anything in the tank, then run a vent line where ever it looks like it will work. Need about ten feet of vent line then loop it back and forth on the front of the tank. Cable tie where you find it will work and your tank will be vented....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.