Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Matryx 850 Switchback Assault 146
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 05 F7 firecat gas tank recalled by arctic cat. they put an insert in the gas tank if it is not craked already. Mine never leaked last year nor cracked.

I go fill it up to the rim, drive it home on the trailer, no leak....park it in my garage..(no snow) few day latter Gas all over the place :banghead: from around the filler neak........

I called the dealer and said order me a tank F$CK......he said over the phone my over flow (breather) valve must be pluged with spider eggs or shit?????

I can't see any cracks, and all the treads to the top of the tanks are wet with gas :dunno: When I openned the gas cap the gas bubbled :dunno:

How can I check if this valve is pluged???? With my luck well get snow and I'll be waiting for a tank :wut60:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shake it see if the ball rattles. Roll the sled on its side see if it leaks. Mine did and now it don't.

I am sure with a winter like this there will be a few sleds that catch fire from these tanks.[/b]
the ball in the cap?? it rattles.............I hope it burns on my last ride, within walking distance from home!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Put your mounth over the inside center of the cap and blow. The ball should shut it off.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Put your mounth over the inside center of the cap and blow. The ball should shut it off.[/b]
Does the cap have to be certain direction when you blow?????

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
It's basically a check valve. Sounds like yours may not be working or your cap is missing the o-ring above the threads or the filler neck insert is sticking up to high and causing interference. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's basically a check valve. Sounds like yours may not be working or your cap is missing the o-ring above the threads or the filler neck insert is sticking up to high and causing interference. :dunno:[/b]

I'll go blow my cap....O-rings there (a bit of glue from the update on it) and the insert seams low!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Maybe you just filled the tank up TOO full.

At this point in time, I'm blowing my cap all the time. :furious2:

:)

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well went back in the Garage and it bubbling out of the hole in the top of the Gas cap.....I guess thats what happends when you fill er up cold and it gets warm out..... :dunno:

[attachment=280312:F7_001.jpg]
[attachment=280313:F7_002.jpg]
[attachment=280314:F7_003.jpg]
[attachment=280315:F7_004.jpg]

Do you like all the glue they use in the filler neck???

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
All gas looks blue when you shine a light in the black tank.

You think you can stuff any more gas in there? Jezuz.

Leave about 2 inches from the base of the filler neck when filling up just for such occasions.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You think you can stuff any more gas in there? Jezuz.

Leave about 2 inches from the base of the filler neck when filling up just for such occasions.[/b]

I filled up when it was -20 at the end of November......Gas just started to leak today with this stupid weather :banghead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts