Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just brought the new 06 Switch home and on the way I noticed that it was leaking gas! The dealer did the filler neck update but did not check for cracks. It's leaking fuel right where the filler neck meets the tank. Don't understand why the dealer did not replace the tank because of the cracking issue. I'm in Oklahoma and there are no sled dealers. Hate to have to go back to Mi. just to get this fixed. Anyone ever been able to get parts under warranty and install without using the dealer? Tank replacement does not look that bad.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I would call the dealer and have him set-up the shipping both ways, or find another Polaris dealer that could perform the Warranty work for them.

I think the tanks can be a bitch from the way my old dealer whined about doing a recall replacement due to rubbing, But then again they told me they looked at mine and it was not rubbing, so they did nothing, They were supposed to at least add a new "anti-chafe" kit. a week later I had fuel hitting my leg from the tank leaking from rubbing on the frame. Nice huh?

So, are they friggin blind? if they give you any shit call Polaris customer service and ask for a supervisor. but give the dealer a chance to step up to the plate first.

They are very aware these tanks have issues.

Now, i got the same sled, (06 900 SB) And no filler neck reinforcement was added, Are you talkng about the fuel float recall? or where they glue the thick sleeve in the filler neck? My 2005 Fusion had that sleeve added, but nothing on the switcher. Hmmm?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, it was the thick sleeve that they glue into the filler neck. My dealer said that the Switch was in the serial number range for the filler neck fix. The dealer is in Mi. and I'm in Oklahoma. Plenty of Polaris dealers in Tulsa, just none are snowmobile dealers and can't do warranty work. (Can't even order sled parts from them). My dealer will fix but it's a 1,400 mile round trip. I'm going to call Polaris directly and explain the problem. Perhaps they will give me the gas tank to install myself, otherwise I will spend near $400.00 just getting the sled back to the dealer. This sucks having a new sled I can't ride! Was planning a trip to Denver area in a few weeks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think that the dealer would send you the tank under warrenty if you call and ask him. he wil probably need good pictures of the problem. Dealers are there to make money polaris pays them for the labour to change the tank. If they(dealer) send you the tank then they make money for nothin.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
or, find a dealer out west that can fix it when you get there!! Have your dealer find a dealer in Colorado to do the warranty work. Trust me, you do not want to tangle with this fuel tank. I have heard it is a real pain in the ass, and pinching wires if it does wrong is real easy. And the mountains is not a place you want to get stranded. Especially 30 miles off-trail in the bottom of a bowl with neck deep powder.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts