Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any kind of gas additive not to use or to use, I have been finding most to read " DO NOT USE IN 2 CYCLE" I thought it was all the same?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I use "iso-heet" in the red bottle. DO NOT use regular "heet" in the yellow bottle.
If in doubt, check the label. It should say "contains isopropyl alcohol".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
The cheapest way to go is run down to Safeway or any drug store and buy a big bottle of Isopropyl alcohol. I use a shot glass / 1.5 oz per 5 gallons.
It is cheap and the best stuff I have found, and no I did not have to look far to find a shot glass. This works in both EFI and Carb.
Evil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Originally posted by Evil Twin@Jan 24 2003, 10:04 AM
The cheapest way to go is run down to Safeway or any drug store and buy a big bottle of Isopropyl alcohol. I use a shot glass / 1.5 oz per 5 gallons.
It is cheap and the best stuff I have found, and no I did not have to look far to find a shot glass. This works in both EFI and Carb.
Evil
NO NO NO!!!

The iso you buy at the drug store comes complete with its own water!! Read the label. This is terrible advice!!

People, DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT EVEN MORE PROBLEMS!

Sheeesh, buy an $8000 sled and screw it up to save a buck :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
Rob is 100% correct.

The isopropyl alcohol you buy at the drug store, commonly known as rubbing alcohol, is only 70% alcohol. The other 30% is water.


Not a good thing to do. I just bought a bottle of the Iso-Heet today to throw in my Envoy.

$1.79 at Autozone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,180 Posts
I dont know what is so hard about this!!!!Go to ur cat,,poo,,ski or yammi
dealer and get there de-icer..it is the proper stuff for ur machine...does not
matter what brand as long as it say's good for 2 stroke engines!!!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
20,876 Posts
Better yet ... for the "money conscious" people out there. Just go to a damn gas station. Iso (in the RED bottle) costs a whopping $1.25 at most ... more times than not I've got it for 99 cents. What's a buck when you spend $7,500+ on a sled?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
I go to my local auto parts store and buy the iso-heet by the case. For 24 bottles it works out to way less than $1 per bottle. I wish everything was as cheap.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
20,876 Posts
Now that's a thinking man ... I guess if I knew I was able to ride whenever, wherever I want, a case would be a logical option! :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
always like to keep some spares. btw, trails were great in VT today, and we rode into Pittsburg and had lunch at the Back Lake Tavern. Hardly anyone riding because of the cold. Trails in NH were ok, but VT was better. Should be a great weekend to ride. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,297 Posts
iso heet or pitt penn brand isopropyl guy i work with ran it all the time in his last two sleds 7000 mile on orig motor jetted down (way don on one) not one problem. 1600 miles on my zr and use a 1/8th bottle every other tank and no problems to -5 degrees coldest ride
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
YES YES YES
Look at the bottle and buy the one that is 99% pure.
It works the best and can be put in your car, truck or any sled.
You would think peolpe would have enough brains to not put 30% H2O (water) in their tank.
Evil
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top