Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the sled out of storage today since it's looking its suppose to get cold and snow in the forcast for next week, took it to the local petro canada and asked the guy to fill my tank so he opens the gas cap and just walks away with it pumping into my tank, I run out and the gas is spewing all over my seat and dash, the stupid fuck appologised and made me only pay for half of my gas but i was still pissed at him none the less.......i wiped all the gas off everything and left the cover off it to dry out....will the gas ruin my seat?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Relax ..... it won't hurt nothing it would be worse if they hung the nozzle on it I would be more worried about that ..... I use 5 gallon cans all the time and as my wife says can't I ever fill up her sled without spilling gas all over it :smilielol:

It hasn't hurt a sled I own yet :div20:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Ive seen some old sleds with nasty stain run marks down the side....don't know if thats from years of spilling, cheap vinyl, or what. It's never screwed up any of my sleds.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Bought a 2nd hand Indy and the seat was ruined. Owner said he had overfilled it....didnt tighten the cap...and it leak out onto the seat along the way to storage...and ruined it over the summer. Sad cuz its mint otherwise.
I wouldnt say dont worry about it unless you wipe it off when it happens. This seats ugly.
Mark

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes i have pulled a wheelie on bike before but a loose gas cap but ive only ever owned dirt bikes/dual purpose bikes so the seats have always been a different material then leather or vinyl so they never got wrecked anways my mxz seat seems to be fine after rubbing it clean with a dry rag

1 - 20 of 23 Posts