Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filled my truck this morning a bit over $104, most stations in my area are at or a few cents below $3.50 a gallon for 87 octane and I don’t think it’s stopping there. I can only imagine what we will be paying in snowmobile country this winter for gas. I’m sure it’s going to affect some families that ride I wouldn’t want to be filling 4 or 5 sleds up a couple time a day ouch.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
paid 3.45 last night for regular. we are going to get the old nozzle in the backside. that's just the beginning . fuel prices are what usually start the downward spiral. i am fortunate to heat my house with a pellet stove. already have almost what i need for the season. fuel oil by feb is gonna be mad crazy. don't know about anyone else but the price of fuel is not stopping or slowing my sled season.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
didn't hear anything about the price of heroin going up, but then again that comes in on someone's back. anyone notice that through it all we never ran short on heroin? not a morsel of it comes from this country. not like someone is growing poppies in their basement , and the supply was rock solid

·
Premium Member
39,367 Posts
Filled my truck this morning a bit over $104, most stations in my area are at or a few cents below $3.50 a gallon for 87 octane and I don’t think it’s stopping there. I can only imagine what we will be paying in snowmobile country this winter for gas. I’m sure it’s going to affect some families that ride I wouldn’t want to be filling 4 or 5 sleds up a couple time a day ouch.
How come it's so cheap?? Just wait:

Business Insider
Gas prices are at a 7-year high, with one California town reaching a whopping $7.59 per gallon

Ben Gilbert
Thu, October 21, 2021, 11:14 AM·2 min read

A sign advertising gas prices approaching $5.

Gas prices approaching $5 a gallon are displayed in front of a Shell gas station on October 05, 2021 in San Rafael, California. Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
  • Gas prices in a small California town hit $7.59 per gallon of regular unleaded this week.
  • That's nearly double the national average, which is at a seven-year high.
  • As ever, a variety of complex factors play into the cost of gasoline.
This week at your average American gas station, you're likely to find prices in the $3.50 range for one gallon of regular unleaded gasoline.
But if you're in rural California along the Big Sur coastline, you could pay more than double that price.
In Gorda, for instance, one gas station is charging a whopping $7.59 per gallon of regular unleaded, and premium is just shy of $8.50 per gallon, local ABC affiliate KFSN reported on Thursday.
- ADVERTISEMENT -
Even if you're filling up a car with a relatively small tank, at $7.59 per gallon, you're looking at over $75 for just 10 gallons.
It's not just you: Gasoline prices are at a seven-year high, according to federal data. Though there are some clear reasons for this that are particular to this moment in time, such as the ongoing effects of the global pandemic, gas prices are the result of a variety of complex factors.
The cartel of oil exporters that control the oil market, for instance, has a huge amount of influence over the price of gasoline. That group, which includes OPEC and other oil-producing nations, recently reconfirmed plans to gradually increase oil production despite pressure from the United States and India.
Unfortunately, the upward trend in gasoline prices is expected to continue, according to AAA.
"With oil prices remaining elevated, pump prices will follow suit because the cost of crude oil accounts for more than half of the price of each gallon of gas," a blog post from the American Automobile Association said. Oil demand, the post said, is only expected to increase as winter approaches, and that could put more pressure on supply in the coming months.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Now that gas pump wayyy up at Dickie's Trading Post will be extra spendy🤪

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just filled two cans with 91 non ethanol the other day for the mowers. $1.61 per liter. So $6.09 per US gallon. Our 87 ethanol is right about $1.42 per liter or $5.37 per us gallon.
So the good news is we are all getting screwed.
If I ever get vaccinated I may cut a few of our Quebec trips out this season. In a lot of snowmobile friendly areas in NY this season I’m sure premium non ethanol will be around $6 a gallon or more. I can’t wait till I see Biden supporters bitching about gas prices their going to get an earful from me.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How come it's so cheap?? Just wait:

Business Insider
Gas prices are at a 7-year high, with one California town reaching a whopping $7.59 per gallon

Ben Gilbert
Thu, October 21, 2021, 11:14 AM·2 min read

A sign advertising gas prices approaching $5.

Gas prices approaching $5 a gallon are displayed in front of a Shell gas station on October 05, 2021 in San Rafael, California. Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
  • Gas prices in a small California town hit $7.59 per gallon of regular unleaded this week.
  • That's nearly double the national average, which is at a seven-year high.
  • As ever, a variety of complex factors play into the cost of gasoline.
This week at your average American gas station, you're likely to find prices in the $3.50 range for one gallon of regular unleaded gasoline.
But if you're in rural California along the Big Sur coastline, you could pay more than double that price.
In Gorda, for instance, one gas station is charging a whopping $7.59 per gallon of regular unleaded, and premium is just shy of $8.50 per gallon, local ABC affiliate KFSN reported on Thursday.
- ADVERTISEMENT -
Even if you're filling up a car with a relatively small tank, at $7.59 per gallon, you're looking at over $75 for just 10 gallons.
It's not just you: Gasoline prices are at a seven-year high, according to federal data. Though there are some clear reasons for this that are particular to this moment in time, such as the ongoing effects of the global pandemic, gas prices are the result of a variety of complex factors.
The cartel of oil exporters that control the oil market, for instance, has a huge amount of influence over the price of gasoline. That group, which includes OPEC and other oil-producing nations, recently reconfirmed plans to gradually increase oil production despite pressure from the United States and India.
Unfortunately, the upward trend in gasoline prices is expected to continue, according to AAA.
"With oil prices remaining elevated, pump prices will follow suit because the cost of crude oil accounts for more than half of the price of each gallon of gas," a blog post from the American Automobile Association said. Oil demand, the post said, is only expected to increase as winter approaches, and that could put more pressure on supply in the coming months.
There’s another perfect example of why I will never live in California. Good for them I hope they are happy with their choice.

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
paid 3.45 last night for regular. we are going to get the old nozzle in the backside. that's just the beginning . fuel prices are what usually start the downward spiral. i am fortunate to heat my house with a pellet stove. already have almost what i need for the season. fuel oil by feb is gonna be mad crazy. don't know about anyone else but the price of fuel is not stopping or slowing my sled season.
I just filled my homes oil tank earlier this week before the fuel prices get even crazier, I primarily heat with wood and I have about 15 cords put away plenty enough for a cold winter. The prices aren’t going to keep me from riding at all but we’re definitely going to spending a lot more than the previous few seasons.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I'm thinking me and the old man have friends leave their trailers up at our place and just drive up instead of trailering back and forth.

We have visitors a lot anyway. So we can commute together. My trucks plenty big enough. And I've got more than enough room for the rigs and people.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
diesel ain't any better prices here went up 50 cents in the past 5 days, every day 10 cents jump

at 4 bucks a gal and climbing fast

but then again so are food prices, local grocery store had bacon for 19 lbs a lb

and its ONLY going to get worse
I feel really bad for them older folks that live on SS, I know dozens of them that collect under $800 bucks a month to live off of, and burn Oil to heat there homes
they were poor folks all there lives and now too old to work(in 80's) and now cannot afford to stay warm!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
we usually hit regular gas stations , so we pay the normal rate. imagine gas on the trail. i don't see 6.00 being out of the question. then we may see the numbers drop on the trails. i mean super is over 4.00 right now. so on trail right now would be 5.00. still 2 months till riding, cold weather coming, holy shit . but to me that just makes every mile even more special. more expensive yes, but riding will still be awesome and i can't wait !

·
Registered
2022 ThunderCat EPS
319 Posts
Stillwater was getting 6 a gallon last season....supply and demand.
Supply chain crunch is hitting every consumable right now. 18 months ago chevy had $8,000 rebates on trucks, now they're getting msrp. It's not just an USA problem, it's world wide, and it will take over a year before things stabilize and inflation slows.....not to say that many profit seekers aren't taking advantage also, seems like alot of gouging going on....and big oil loves to gouge when they can.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.