Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind a gas mileage you guys gettin on yur F7's?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I can't say for sure since i never kept track...
what i do know is i was 5-7 dollars cheaper
then a 99 600 v-max and a 500 polaries indy.
We just put on 500 miles and every timed we fulled
up i was that much cheaper....and that was at trail speed's
55-60.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have been getting about 14 mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just heading out now for a 'slower' ride here in VT with Jane. I will report on what gas mileage i get later tonight.

·
Registered
252 Posts
How many miles do you guys have on your sleds? I only have about 300 and only getting about 11-12 at most. I can't believe I'm running harder than you all. Maybe mine is not totally broke in yet.

Thanks,
catfish

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
I'm only getting about 8-10 MPG. 8 if I'm plowing snow and 10 if I'm riding on hard pack. I thought I should be getting better milage than this. Had the dealer check out my fuel pump/regulator and it was OK.

Oh yeah, over 700 miles on the sled now.

·
Registered
348 Posts
12-14 riding in Central Vermont. I think I would do better in a less twisty area (throttle - break,throttle - break,throttle - break, etc).

·
Registered
962 Posts
At first It was really bad but its getting alot better as I get miles on. I`m up to 558 miles now and about 11-13 MPG.

·
Registered
395 Posts
^_^ I am not sure what it actually is, but it's a helluva lot better than my 01' Sno Pro w/ 711 Invader carbed engine. We (my fiancee) were out riding and she had almost 1/2 tank left when I needed to get fuel ASAP. I was really surprised!! :D

·
Registered
580 Posts
14-15 mpg with 120 miles on the sled, alot better than my 600 ZL...I am impressed plus the oil consumption is right where it should be...Here is my boy on our last trip...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I've been averaging 12-13 MPG with 750 miles-riding it like a chainsaw. Broke trail in 3' of powder all day last weekend and still averaged over 10 mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did 111 relatively slow miles here in VT today.. Only got about 12mpg. This is the first sled I've ever owned that gets better mileage at higher speeds.

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Rob, you're just used to running in Quebec lately and the Canadian gallon is bigger than your little American gallon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by VFRcanada@Jan 8 2003, 03:56 PM
Rob, you're just used to running in Quebec lately and the Canadian gallon is bigger than your little American gallon.
In Quebec gas is sold by the litre. 3.8litre=1gallon american
I may be dumb but I ain't that dumb ;) ^_^ :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts