Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you lucky enough to be putting miles on your sleds, how are the F5's and F7's on gas so far? I have one of each that I should be picking up the day after Xmas!! I had a 2001 ZR800 that I usually put 120 miles on a tank. Are the firecats better or worse? :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
Good question, I put 103 miles on Thursday but filled up in the middle, I think 120 on a tank is pretty good estimate.
My neighbor ran out, when you hit R you've got 10 miles max left.

·
Registered
772 Posts
with about 1/4 tank still premix and the rest i had got regular gas in there i averaged 12 MPG on the way back..and yes i was beating the crap out of it..the first tank i was averaging 10...so ill give it another 100 miles and see where im at :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
well i ran her real close and guess about 110 miles per tank the way i ride, i like to play with the throttle and hold it to the bar for lakes...... i ran out once and there was alot of gas left in tank???? well it was on E but i could see and hear it

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Must be something wrong with mine. I'm only getting about 8mpg. Have 120 miles on the sled now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i'm barely getting 75-80 miles max. on a tank riding the piss out of it on pipeline trails and old windy bush roads up here north of Thunder Bay. Riding on edge of a lake last week end around the the shore line racing lemans style against my brother on his Rev600, and maybe would get close to 90 miles/tank. Those of you getting 100+ miles must be riding easy or on ice smooth packed conditions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed that it was only taking 1/4 throttle or so to go 70-75mph on the level. That means good mileage!

Also guys, check and loosen your track! And carefully align. I've got quite a bit of play in mine now with no problem. It rolls very easy! Little things like that really make a difference in gas mileage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by dave cat 7@Dec 22 2002, 05:06 PM
rob,
you have more miles than most of us combined have you noticed any track stretching
thanks
I run em loose enough so's they DON'T stretch :lol: B)

and I was in QC burning the cheapest 87 octane Canadian gas I could find while I was pulling 15mpg :p :D :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts