Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Small six, I just bought an 03 zr 900. Assuming the tanks holds around 10 gallons are you saying they will go 100 -150 miles on a tank? Obviously how hard you ride is the key to the mileage, but on a reasonably paced long tour does this mean 150 to a tank? Just curious my 97 zrt 800 would go 95-100 miles per tank, and gas had better be in sight with it. Not that I'm thinking I'm going to get to use this machine with the present outlook for snow this winter!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
A properly clutched and jetted '03 900 is easily capable of 14 mpg cruising at 70-80 mph. Use heavy tipped weights and gear no lower than stock if you mainly cruise on groomed trails. Keeps the r's down at speed and the powervalves closed(<6900). Motor has enough torque at to pull hard out of turns without opening the valves. Now if you pick up the pace and nail it out of every turn and make a few high speed runs you'll drop to maybe 12. Even with a SLP pipe, porting, air box mod, and reeds I still average 13 mpg on trail I've run as far as from Paradise to Munising in the UP on a tank(140 miles).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.