Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of milage will a 2006 F7 Firecat EFI Sno Pro get and how much oil does it use a season? Should you use arctic cat oil if not what is the best and cheapest oil to use?

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
8-9 MPG WFO in the ditches-> 10-12 MPG fast trail cruising-> 14-15 MPG if you really try for it, drive it under 6800 RPM...
Use KLOTZ or IPONE or Polaris VES Gold, they all are great oil and smell the best of all oils. My F-7 EFI uses about a quart to 10 gallons.

·
Registered
353 Posts
8-9 MPG WFO in the ditches-> 10-12 MPG fast trail cruising-> 14-15 MPG if you really try for it, drive it under 6800 RPM...
Use KLOTZ or IPONE or Polaris VES Gold, they all are great oil and smell the best of all oils. My F-7 EFI uses about a quart to 10 gallons.[/b]

Can someone explain to me why the odor of the oil matters - I have read that time and time again and I find it........well......peculiar.

Anyways...........use AMSOIL.........it's a pretty brown color.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
i get 10 MPG on my 03 WFO.

i don't get the oil smell thing either...i think VES gold is the worst smelling thing ever!
thank god i'm the fastest rider in my group of friends. if i had to ride behind someone burning that crap i think i'd rather die!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
VES gold smells so good.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Realistic #'s is from my 06 stock was getting 12 to 14 MPG some add on performance and fine tuning/setup properly 14 to 16 MPG 14 being ridden hard and if you baby it you can get 16 and sometimes 18 MPG and that is really babied and on prestine hardpacked trail conditions. But then if you want to play with performance you have to pay for it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Good one Sarge. I like the strawberry Ipone myself. If ya gotta smell it it should smell good! Peace,beeler

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I believe 16-18 is a little far fetched. My EXT will do 11-14 depending on the conditions with 14 being the absolute best riding like a girl.

Realistically 11 or 12 beating on it pretty good.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey catrules yeah sorry I checked back through some of my trip logs and yeah 18 is little out to lunch but on one trip I got 16.8 MPG but most times it's around 14 to 15 MPG. I guess I ride more like a girl than you do. lol

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Can someone explain to me why the odor of the oil matters - I have read that time and time again and I find it........well......peculiar.

Anyways...........use AMSOIL.........it's a pretty brown color.[/b]
Do you use deodorant? After shave? Why?

Why smell and smell LIKE Amsoil nasty if you can smell and smell better in any small way for the same money and better performance? Amsoil is garbage, don't let anyone tell you different. Might as well run TWC3 or whatever that cheap shyte is they sell at the quickie mart...smells the same and performs the same..

Klotz, Ipone, Poo VES if smell and performance matters to you. Any oil is fine otherwise, I run castrol mineral oil in the F-7 without hessitation. $3.79 a quart. It smells better than Amsoil btw..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
11 or 12 riding it hard. Gas is one of the cheaper parts of snowmobiling.[/b]
I hear that. especially with the Firecats or my '03 at least

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's my real world numbers from this weekend not sure how your getting over 10mpg.

Full tank leaving camp, plus a 5 gallon stop at Cedar Pines and I ran out on Tughill this weekend in 118 miles!
Makes for a long night when you run out at 4am!
Previous trips I'm in the 8-9mpg range.

Its starting to become a real problem, I'm totally stock.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What kind of milage will a 2006 F7 Firecat EFI Sno Pro get and how much oil does it use a season? Should you use arctic cat oil if not what is the best and cheapest oil to use?[/b]
i've got 1600 miles on my 06 f7 snopro efi and have always gotten 9mpg thats just how bad they are in milage. anyone who says there getting 12 plus are FULL OF SHIT or drive around 1/4 throttle. just returned from riding with my buddies rx1 16 mpg and attack 15 mpg.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Running moderate to easy on Quebec's trail system I get 12+. Run it hard all day long never less than 10 mpg. Believe what you want, those #'s are real. I am 200 lbs dry, and the sled is mostly stock.

·
Registered
55 Posts
10 to 12 mpg avg. Uses tank of oil every +/- 2 fill ups. Legend Performance ZX2SR oil. HDFATTYZX2SR Info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts