Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Besides getting a new cap and/or tank you could try to seal it up with some teflon tape. That's what I have to do with my oil cap on my 02 ZR sno pro. I dunno if it would leak without the teflon tape, but I'm not gonna risk it. The cap won't go on very tight for some reason. All of them do it I think.Try switching gas caps with someone maybe. Maybe it's just the cap.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
apparently team green doesn't know his f7's, i know what you are talkin about, i noticed when i fill mine up all the way to the top of the brim, the gas level is higher than the guage itself,and i could see some gas actually in the guage, hasn't caused me any problems yet, so i'm not too worried, just don't fill it all the way to the top, you can still have a full tank and not go above the level of the guage, later dude

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Naw, I just wasn't thinking when I typed that post. Cat doesn't have the old school gas cap/gauges anymore. They have the ones built into the tank now, if I'm correct. I'm not sure why that would leak like that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
HI,
My F7 Leaks gas around the gauge and also around the cap itself..... Not to happy with all the recalls on the sled either.... Cat should have addressed these issues before rushing these sleds out the door... Other than a few gripes, I'm finding my F7 Quite the sled :) Very Quick and great handling also. I find the harder I push it the better it handles :) Haven't had the chance to race anyone except a Yamaha SRX and it wasn't a contest :) Only 75 miles on it... Hopefully a few more this week. Later

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
same here. If yo fill it up all the way, I get gas bubles in the gauge also it leaks out around the cap. It only comes out of the cap if i tip it or side hill.

·
Registered
41 Posts
leaking around the guage is also happening to the other AC sleds. Was at a dealer in Calgary and 2 MC 900s on the same trailer were leaking at the guage. When the guage was removed it was revealed that the grommet had malformed when the guage was installed. The guage can be removed carefully with a flat screwdriver and the grommet is revealed. A new grommet is needed if it is malformed. Should be reinstalled carefully with a little petroleum jelly so the guage won't push it in or deform it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts