Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 switchback 600 CFI My electronic gas gauge does not work. Showes empty with blinking F after I just filled it. Any known problem areas I can check? Do any of the caps with analog gauge fit this tank?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It might be possible you have a couple different things happening. The float could be stuck on something holding it down. Or you could have a bad sending unit. there is a "fuel vapor separator" unit that might need to be added to all the CFI sleds for 07, so they will most likely need to work on the tank anyways. Did you ride the sled at all yet, it may loosen up and float if it is stuck.

The gauges are way off anyways, Figure you worst mileage by dividing miles traveled, by gallons used on your next fill-up, and reset the one of the trip odometers to keep an eye on it.

My 900 is currently getting 11-11.5 MPG with heavy flipper use.

My low fuel warning starts staying on steady when I have 2-3 gallons left. it is good for my needs.

I would never go back to a mechanical cap gauge again after having the electronic gauge. it is right in my field of view, and does not require a flashlight and a full stop to read it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This gauge package rocks. My 07 gauge reads fine, so iI think the sticky float may be the issue too.
Take time to read the owners manual a bunch of times so you can see all of the features of this package.
It is very fun to walk over to your buddies IQ to see his top speed ever and then clear it. As far as the fuel gauge, look at this tank, It is a very unique shape and no matter what kind of gauge you use it will be tough to be accurate. The F trip meter is you best Gauge for E It will come on like the previous poster says with 2/3 gallons left automaticly. it will count up 1,2,3 and the reset beause of sloshing fuel.
this is normal. It will do this several times but rarely go to 4.... If it goes past 4 I routinely ran the F gauge to 25 miles and never ran out of fuel. These Gauges are great. I am very happy the my CFI 600 came with the Annalog Gauge to. It was a big surprise when my sled came. I thought I would have to add it In 07.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have narrowed down my fuel gauge problem. Used a coat hanger to fish out the float and pull it up to the top. Started the sled and the fuel gauge read OK, then the float slowly sank to the bottom of the tank. Will have to wait till I use the gas before I can see exactly what the problem is. Either a faulty float or something is laying on top of the cable

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Call your dealer, tell them what happened, and have them get a fuel tank assembly on order for you, it is doubtful they have one sitting there.
For the last 2 seasons, these tanks have only been available as a complete assembly with no way of ordering individual parts such as the sending unit, or float independently from the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.