Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
The tank mounted gauge in my '02 ZR8 stays on empty until 20 litres (~5 usg) of fuel is added. This is roughly 1/2 the tanks capacity. Does anyone have a fix that will allow the gauge to detect the fuel in the lower half of the tank? 20 litres is a bit much as a reserve but it seems the float can go no lower. :huh:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by MUSKOKA800@Dec 11 2002, 02:21 PM
The tank mounted gauge in my '02 ZR8 stays on empty until 20 litres (~5 usg) of fuel is added. This is roughly 1/2 the tanks capacity. Does anyone have a fix that will allow the gauge to detect the fuel in the lower half of the tank? 20 litres is a bit much as a reserve but it seems the float can go no lower. :huh:
At least AC was consistant. My zl800 is the same way. I guess the only way to get accuracy is to spring for the electric gauge. Those are accurate. I just set the mileage as the ole 800 is very consistant on mileage regardless of conditions. The other guys all have to gas up before I do anyway. Those doos and poos aren't to good on gas.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thats why I love the clear tank! I would strongly recommend getting one if they make it for your model. You can look down the side and see just how much you have!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have often wondered why they don't put a clear slot down the side and forget the gauge. Calibrate it for the gallons in the tank and bingo, complete accuracy.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Thanks for the link to that article. Just calibrated the tank today. No more guessing game!

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts