Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told the Topo 2008 U.S. was the way to go so I purchased it and it seem to be more geared for Mt. hikers. There has to be something better for snowmobiling. I ride in Maine most of the time. What do you all think?

·
Registered
326 Posts
The Topo set generally has some snowmobile trail coverage, but they show up as dotted lines and they're hard to see, and it's far from complete. That's the best you're going to get as far as Garmin's official stuff goes. Lots of people want a Maine trails map, but so far nobody has sent me any data and the DNR doesn't have any either, so I have nothing to work with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told the Topo 2008 U.S. was the way to go so I purchased it and it seem to be more geared for Mt. hikers. There has to be something better for snowmobiling. I ride in Maine most of the time. What do you all think?[/b]
I bought topo 08 and said humm no points of interest. So I bought city nav to show resturants and gas stations. The tracking works great to map everwhere you go. You can create your own map that way. Us Trailmaps.com claims they have maps that work with garmon but I have not tried them yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Save your money on the Topo maps! Most of the trails in this area are seasonal roads so the city/streets software works pretty good. I usually bread-crumb and log tracks for the return trip. Absolutely love the GPS and will not ever ride without it! 12V outlet is a MUST though. Had to install one on my old sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts