Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped at dealers and picked up a tow hitch. The thing is UGLY. The unit requires the exsisting aluminum bumper be discarded and replaced with a round tube steel, black painted bumper to match up with supplied hitch.

Is something out there that utilizes the great looking stock bumper?

thanks

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Here is a pik of the one I made for mine, it works great if you don't tow anything too heavy, works great for towing an Otter sled around

Made it out of a piece of conveyer belting

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jimmer,
Hey that looks neat and functional. Where can I get some pieces of conveyor belting?

I would make two, one for a spare.

thanks, Mark

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I could mail you a couple of chunks... if you want ? I will even drill the holes for ya

·
Registered
93 Posts
You'd think Doo would come up with something better.
Hey, Jimmer whats the Towing Capacity on that belting, give or take? :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
I have pulled a full 100 lb. propane tank out to the shack in my Otter sled with no problems, The more plys the belt is the stronger it will be, I only used a 3 ply since that is what I had, and it seems to work great I used it all last winter to get stuff to the shack and also for ice fishing for dragging the house out onto the lake, for drilling the holes use a stud tool for that

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Originally posted by 800stocker@Oct 31 2005, 07:54 PM
Why wouldn't a limiter strap work? Holes are already in it.
800Stocker
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=970390
[/quote]
It might but kind of a spendy thing to use for a hitch, it might not be stiff enough where when I stop with this one it doesn't fold it over or under the rear bumper and stays sticking out the back, and is much heavier duty material than a limiter strap, I will start making some if anyone is interested for 5 bucks a pair plus 5 bucks shipping. I have a huge piece of belting to cut up for these, could maybe make about 50-60 of them

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good job on that hitch!!!! When I picked up my new 1000gade I asked the dealer about a hitch. He laughed !!!! Then I told him I ride with a couple of Yammy guys who I am always towing home espically when there is more than 6inches of snow on the ground. LOL.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
for towing a dead sled I just hook to my bumper with the strap I only use the rubber hitch for towing an otter sled or portable fish house

1 - 13 of 13 Posts