Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after reading all the hype about Gabes clutch kits,I finally purchased one for my 2018 indy 600 sp... all I can say is, WOW!!! Night and day difference!! I never would have thought a 600 could pull that hard! A huge shout out to GABES OTP!!

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,675 Posts
The Indy 600 121 track , doesn't use the same pipe as a AXYS based 600, or the 2010 to 2012 Rush 600's. Several years ago DTR Jim brought this up, but never really pursued it. If you go back in the DTR archives you will see this. 8250 is too high. 7,800 rpm to 8,000rpm Is the Indy 600 powerband. The new Indy XC 600 and Indy XC sp is AXYS based so it is different. 121 sleds are Pro R based

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Yep.. 8200rpm's or more, was too much for my 2015 Indy 600.
The closer I got 8000rpm's.. the harder it pulled, and it got faster also.

·
Registered
807 Posts
after reading all the hype about Gabes clutch kits,I finally purchased one for my 2018 indy 600 sp... all I can say is, WOW!!! Night and day difference!! I never would have thought a 600 could pull that hard! A huge shout out to GABES OTP!!
Thanks for the post!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Recently bought gabes clutch kit for my Indy 600 from an HCS member. Where does the Derlin washer go? Also, does the primary spring need to be oriented a certain way or not (I know to line up the Xs on the primary cover)? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Recently bought gabes clutch kit for my Indy 600 from an HCS member. Where does the Derlin washer go? Also, does the primary spring need to be oriented a certain way or not (I know to line up the Xs on the primary cover)? Any help is appreciated!
The derlin washer goes under the spring cup in the secondary clutch and no orientation needed on the primary spring,just put it in...

·
Registered
[email protected]‘19 Indy XC 600’s
339 Posts
You could look for a P-2 clutch to put on your sled. I just picked one up for $50. All you need is the correct spacer to put on the bolt, guy gave me it with the one I just bought.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You could look for a P-2 clutch to put on your sled. I just picked one up for $50. All you need is the correct spacer to put on the bolt, guy gave me it with the one I just bought.
I’ve looked around and haven’t found one cheap enough yet. I’d buy one for $50 and keep this kit in a heartbeat if I could.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rode my Indy with Gabes kit the last few days and I am super impressed with how the sled pulls, especially in the mid range. Huge difference in power and worth every penny.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,675 Posts
Rode my Indy with Gabes kit the last few days and I am super impressed with how the sled pulls, especially in the mid range. Huge difference in power and worth every penny.
So you found a P2?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts