Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 800 ZR that is clutched to run in its power band of 7400 to 7500 RPM on long full throttle pulls. The air box shelf has been removed but everything else is stock. On good conditions at 10 degrees, run for one mile or more at WOT I was able to hit 113 MPH on radar gun. I think there is a little more in the sled on perfect conditions, maybe 115, 116 MPH.

I was hoping for little more speed but guess I will be happy with this speed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Top speed on my 2003 ZR900 so far is 112 on gps.At 7200 ar far as I can tell it is only geared for 108.I have not run it on ice just hard packed snow.I have a 1999 700 sp polaris that i ran 114 on ice flat out. In the same conditions the ZR 900 is 10-12 mph faster.
When the lakes get smooth and icey I am going to gear it up and shoot for 120.

·
Registered
124 Posts
:ph34r: hey craig i was wandering what name you were useing as soon as i seen 55615 new who it was. on that one post about the track did you look to see if that was what was causing it ?your neibor called me tonight and asked me all kinds of stupid questions about his sled something about three weekes to get a stock piston seems long but i hope it dos cause he want to do hillx and i dont want to help him .the secondary on my 03 is junk towers are breaking cat says it for the way some guys ride b/s the towers bend then it breaks the roller cover. just found it today. if you aint rubben or wreken you aint racen

·
Registered
155 Posts
I ran 113 with stock gears on water puddles and some snow. Not the best of conditions.
I switched tracks and geared it up,I am going to try it today it is colder so it should be faster conditions.I checked the speed with gps and radar the both said the same 113.I dont know what caused the track to chunk on the drivers,someone else with an F7 is having the same trouble.He thought it was his limiter straps,I tightened mine up around the shaft on the bottom they were loose.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ZR 900 with 410 main jets stock clutching geared up to 26-37 lower profile track.
I ran 119 ,I think it will go faster with better ice conditions.1999 700 polaris stock 108 in same conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts