Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears!!! Have you ever been so rudly treated by a company and the only reason is because they look at you as replaceable? Well, I am done with that bullshit so I share with you...

MAGIC RACING has to be run by some of the rudest people I have ever done business with in my life. I hope that this post reaches a lot of you out there as I know some business look at one customer as replaceable and this one for sure did. However, one angry customer coupled with a great forum like this (HSC) can make a hurtin their revenue.

Situation:

Free shipping is not really free shipping!!! I purchaced a Fox Helmet for $199.95 and then returned it back to them with my own money remind you and recieved $189.95 credit. Why? Well, they charged me with the intial shipping cost. No so much free!!! Owner is a complete BooB!!

So I ask you all to share the companies that they stand by and companies you would never do buisness with again. I may only be 1 but this site allows me to much more than just 1!!!

Thanks for letting me VENT

pm

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Well maybe you should pull your head out of your own MASS. and understand how business works. The cost of shipping is in the $199.95. How much did it cost you to return ship the helmet? My guess is more than $10. Do you honestly think that when MAGIC's shipping bill comes at the end of the month it is $0.00 for them to pay? In the pursuit of finding the best deal possible there are times when we get burned. Why didn't you buy from someone local? Too much $$$? What was wrong with the helmet? Was it not the one you ordered? What you did not vent is, if the reason that you weren't happy with the helmet was on them, or you.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Been doing business with Magic for 20 years and have never had an issue with them. Used to buy sled gear from them even though it wasn't their thing, always did right by me.

It should not cost them money to do business with you unless they do something wrong, which it does not sound like they have.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Also so that money they kept from you may not have been for shipping costs it could be for restocking fees. As stated you never said why you returned it but I am sure that most businesses out there would have rectified the problem with the problem if it was the wrong product than what was ordered. If what you ordered was shipped and you received it and didn't like it and then you sent it back, even if you paid to send it back, the company is entitled to charge you up to 20% restocking fee, it is in the consumer/business law.

·
Registered
235 Posts
shipping IS free when you buy a helmet...... done deal....
you returned it.... so shipping isnt free anymore you gotta pay .... there not going to lose mony paying for shipping on parts sent to you .. if they get sent back..10 dollars is cheap from boston to mich..

i too have been dealing with magic racing for around 20 yrs,,, i never have had a complaint about them.. they treat me very well.. no complaints what-so -ever..

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I dont think this is going quite the way he planned....

he has dissappeared like a cupcake at a weight watchers meeting :nudie:

·
Registered
675 Posts
I dont think this is going quite the way he planned....

he has dissappeared like a cupcake at a weight watchers meeting :nudie:[/b]

No kidding, guy comes on here and bitches about $10....please

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No kidding, guy comes on here and bitches about $10....please[/b]

Guy it is not about $10 dollars it is about respecting a customer!!! As for disappearing I was out ridding all day not pulling my pud behind a computer like yourself!! So let me guess you never had a bad experience with a business before. My guess would be you have so therefore you might understand that is not the dollar value but the values a company has.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Refund policy from their website:

Magic Racing Satisfaction Promise
At Magic Racing, we believe in being fair to our customers. If you are not satisfied with a product you purchased from us and return it within 20 days from invoice date you may receive a refund as long you meet the following conditions. Returns must be in new condition, with the original packaging, directions, accessories, and any other item originally included. Tire & Rim Combo’s, electronic media, and Special Order items are excluded, please read ‘Return Exceptions’ below for our policy on these items. Freight costs will not be refunded. If your purchase qualified for free freight the actual ground shipping cost will be deducted from your refund.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Refund policy from their website:

Magic Racing Satisfaction Promise
At Magic Racing, we believe in being fair to our customers. If you are not satisfied with a product you purchased from us and return it within 20 days from invoice date you may receive a refund as long you meet the following conditions. Returns must be in new condition, with the original packaging, directions, accessories, and any other item originally included. Tire & Rim Combo’s, electronic media, and Special Order items are excluded, please read ‘Return Exceptions’ below for our policy on these items. Freight costs will not be refunded. If your purchase qualified for free freight the actual ground shipping cost will be deducted from your refund. [/b]
and there you have it :popcorn:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
and there you have it :popcorn:[/b]
However, on their receipt it states nothing such as that. It mention to look online for more information. And when I called them I ask all the write question an went of over the process of returning the product they said all you need to do is pay for the shipping back and you will be refunded in full. That is the truth!

Bottom line you all can believe what you want and I dont give a flying fuck who you do business with but let me tell you I would not have taken the valuable time out of my day to write a post if I didn't think it was warranted. Look at my past posts I have given major complements to those who deserve it i.e. 2koolperformance Spenc a great guy! Slydog Brandon a great guy! So ask yourself why would I write this? To just bitch? NO!!! To make a fucking point! Point being don't treat a custom like he or she is only one person that is replaceable but treat a customer with respect and care sure as hell don't tell them that you are glad not to do business with them because they question a difference in a charge amount! That is bullshit!!

If you have not pick up on what it is I think is fucked up it sure is not the $10.00 it is the fact that I was treated like a red headed step child!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
so if this online company is supposed to "respect" its retarded customers who dont order stuff they really want to keep and pay for the shipping to you on a return. how much money do you think that would cost them in a year. keep in mind there are alot of red neck retards that buy shit off the internet without knowing for sure what they are buying.
so lets say 1000 returns a year(which is prolly really low) at 10 bucks a piece. i think you get the point as to were the "respect" and business lines are drawn.
now if they were in the wrong, as they shipped the wrong hemet or it was defective then yes i see your side. but you have yet to tell us why you returned it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
so if this online company is supposed to "respect" its retarded customers who dont order stuff they really want to keep and pay for the shipping to you on a return. how much money do you think that would cost them in a year. keep in mind there are alot of red neck retards that buy shit off the internet without knowing for sure what they are buying.
so lets say 1000 returns a year(which is prolly really low) at 10 bucks a piece. i think you get the point as to were the "respect" and business lines are drawn.
now if they were in the wrong, as they shipped the wrong hemet or it was defective then yes i see your side. but you have yet to tell us why you returned it.[/b]
Bingo, if the item was defective out of the box, or the wrong item altogether then you'd have a leg to stand on. If you returned it because 1)it didn't fit or 2)you didn't like the colour (or some other frivolous reason) then why complain, you f'd up, they have a policy, end of story. When the -company- is at fault then it's an issue. For example, I went 200mi to the "city" near here with the only Cat dealer at the time. I ordered a trailer hitch kit for my 2006 XF7. I specifically stated twice what I needed, even gave the PN and the guy just didn't seem to care and said "yeah yeah yeah I know what it is". I paid to have it shipped to my residence 200mi away because I didn't want to blow 100$ on gas and a whole day of travelling to pick it up. 3 weeks later I get a call from them asking WHEN I will come pickup my hitch. I explain that it should have been shipped to me long ago and that I was wondering when I would get it. They said they won't ship items (even though I had a 20$ charge to have it shipped!) this big to remote locations but only deliver within town or to another urban center with a cat dealer (dealer transfer). So since I -needed- the hitch I drove all the way to the dealer. Got there and sure a shit if it was a 2006 hitch alright, for a totally different sled! Not a XF at all! At this point I was about 1\8th of inch from blowing my top and said 1)I want the money back you charged me for shipping since you DIDN"T SHIP IT. 2)I never ordered that model but SPECIFICALLY STATED I needed the XF7 hitch. At which point the guy looks at me and goes "this is a special order item we can't return it and have already billed your CC". (SNAP!!) So I blow my lid finally and call the manager out. EVEN SHE argued with me that I can't return a special order item! Even though it WASN'T the item I ordered! I pulled out my carbon of the bill of sale, where I had written on it my address (for shipping) and had written down the PN for the XF hitch and sure nuff on closer inspection the number I wrote and the number he ordered on it didn't match. I showed her that and said look I even wrote down what I ordered and he ordered the wrong thing. You and I both know I bought this XF why would I order a different hitch. Finally she agreed to return the hitch, order the RIGHT one (sigh) and refund my 20$ for shipping. She wouldn't cover the 2 days of driving I had to do, nor refund any price on the part even though I spent more on gas to pick the part up than what it was worth. Needless to say that dealer was -terrible- and this year they finally closed up shop (yay!).

See that's a story worth bitching about. Not 10$ lost to an item you returned for an unknown reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts