Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an FYI regarding the Fire N Ice (FNI) airbox for the 2005/2006 900 RMK/Fusion/Switchback and for the 2006 700 RMK/fusion/switchback(755),

I am not affiliated with the company IN ANY WAY nor I am involed in the sale of or distribution of this product or any other product of FNI.

I have this on MY sled and thought I would share with others on this forum that it is available again.

I just got my new Fire N Ice Airbox for my 2005 900 RMK after waiting since December of last season when the last production run sold out (I got the first one!)

These will be shipping out on Friday August 7.

If you want one, place your order at http://firenice.us/catalog/ or call Paul Hurley, owner of FNI, directly at (208) 523 - 1311.

If you want to go with a bumper on your 2005 900 RMK/Switch/Fusion and the 2006 700/900 RMK/Switch/Fusion... you will need to use run this airbox or the Stocker (the Timbesled fits also, but does not draw cold air into the motor).

If you already have a Belt Guard from a previous kit (eg SLP, Vanamburg, Timbersled, Fabcraft, TCP)... FNI will sell you just the airbox without the beltguard and deduct the price of the beltguard .

I use and really like the quality of my FNI airbox.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Umm so the fact that you cut and pasted this and probably posted it on many forums isn't an indicator you work for them? Or the fact that you got yours before the ship date on them? I don't care and I don't think anyone else would either, just don't bull about it if it is the case.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, this is a cut/paste from an announcement that I made on Snowest with the same user name. I participate mostly on that web forum but sometimes come over here.

I am very involved in keeping products out there for these great 900 sleds.

"THEM" ... FNI... is a small "mom and pop" operation in Idaho...800 miles from me. They make great products here in the good ole USA.

Paul thought that there would not be much interest in the 900's anymore and was thinking of discontinuing them.... as many of the aftermarket mfgs are discontinuing these parts for the 900's.

I posted up a query earlier this year to prompt FNI to see that people still want these airboxes and after many requests... he agreed to make another run of 100 of these boxes as a result of people calling in because of these posts... 30 of which are pre sold.

I was first on the wait list... pre order... that is why I have the box before the ship date.

I know we live in a cynical world... but this is a true "get the word" out announcement.

It's unfortunate that you feel the way you do.

As for HP numbers... there are no airboxes that boost HP.... but some that loose HP.... This box is more about dropping weight, protecting the airbox from belt shrapnel and freeing up space under the hood. This is the only Aftermarket box that draws cold air from up high in the console like the factory intended.
There is no filter on this airbox... that is built in the factory console.

It may not be for some.... in cost or function... but it might be for some too....

Anyway... it is good that we, as 900 owners, CONTINUE to have options for our sleds rather than watching them go away

Umm so the fact that you cut and pasted this and probably posted it on many forums isn't an indicator you work for them? Or the fact that you got yours before the ship date on them? I don't care and I don't think anyone else would either, just don't bull about it if it is the case.[/b]

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Umm so the fact that you cut and pasted this and probably posted it on many forums isn't an indicator you work for them? Or the fact that you got yours before the ship date on them? I don't care and I don't think anyone else would either, just don't bull about it if it is the case.[/b]

Please if your going to act like an idiot.....do not do it to Mountainhorse...he is an expert in many 900/Polaris snowmobile areas. He has given my countless pieces of advice through the years and helped me so much. Everything he has said is true, and like said, he is trying to spread the word of the 900 Fire n' ice intakes. No offense, but if you said something to MH in another forum like this, which I will leave unnamed because it doesnt matter at this point...you would get your ass chewed by everyone there.

TTT for this product and the great info MH! Thanks!

~Jack

·
Registered
415 Posts
yea, wish this product was available when I was in the market for an intake for my 900. heard all good things about it.

From everything I have heard, I want to say thank you to Mountainhorse for all the help he has given to 900 owners!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am no expert but according to the info at dynotech research certainly indicates significant Hp increases in allowing more air to the throttle bodies more than a 5hp increase with the slp intake there whole grip with the original box was that it starved the engine for air they gutted the stock airbox on the fuze and saw the Hp jump up from 146 to 149 I admit you know your stuff I used your snowest post to set my Tps but to say an airbox does not increase Hp is shit and how does it stop the large amounts of belt dust from entering the intake unless its made more for the rmk than the fusion cuze the intake comes from behind the windshield on the rmks I believe The fuze needs IMO a filter to stop the ton of belt dust the overly hot clutches make from clogging the Reeds I have tested this theory its night and day the condition of the reeds thanks

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I am no expert but according to the info at dynotech research certainly indicates significant Hp increases in allowing more air to the throttle bodies more than a 5hp increase with the slp intake there whole grip with the original box was that it starved the engine for air they gutted the stock airbox on the fuze and saw the Hp jump up from 146 to 149 I admit you know your stuff I used your snowest post to set my Tps but to say an airbox does not increase Hp is shit and how does it stop the large amounts of belt dust from entering the intake unless its made more for the rmk than the fusion cuze the intake comes from behind the windshield on the rmks I believe The fuze needs IMO a filter to stop the ton of belt dust the overly hot clutches make from clogging the Reeds I have tested this theory its night and day the condition of the reeds thanks[/b]
I think he's trying to say that a properly configured air box will allow an engine to run to it's potential.

This one doesn't use a filter because it's sealed from the under hood area (no worries of belt dust) and only draws cold air in from the outside so no need for additional filters- it uses the factory's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts