Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a picture of what the future arctic cats will look like under the hood. Make note of the pyrimidal frame just like doos rev. They moved the bars and the rider farther ahead to centralize the mass better so they needed to have extra support because of the further in bars, so they use the rev type prymid frame. Im not bashing cat, but doo does have a better race sled than cat. Im sure im not the only cat rider that thinks that.

Cat know whats works in snowcross so they are following in the revs footsteps, which i think is a good thing for cat.

*** this pic is from kent ipsens open class sled.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
God I hope not. The rev sucks. Poor seating due to being stuffed up against the front of the sled. If I wanted to ride like a four wheeler, I would buy a four wheeler. Enough with the rev already. Tucker pretty much proved the snopro this year. Dominated the second half of the season pretty much. Did not get the point titles but won on a consistant basis.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Love it. I can't wait to hear the Cat Loyalists bash it, and/or claim that it is totally original from Ski- Doo.

Tucker did what he did because of talent, zl5600. Get the green out of your eyes and accept that Doo did it right this year, and that Cat has some rethinking to do. Competition is what creates innovation and improvement.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by biggestcat@Mar 23 2003, 09:33 PM
Love it. I can't wait to hear the Cat Loyalists bash it, and/or claim that it is totally original from Ski- Doo.

Tucker did what he did because of talent, zl5600. Get the green out of your eyes and accept that Doo did it right this year, and that Cat has some rethinking to do. Competition is what creates innovation and improvement.
Thank you for you good non biased oppinion. You are one of the few guys that sees it how it really is, and so do I. Most cat riders are too brand loyal and/or biased to admit these things, but what can you do they will have to see for themselvs what cat does to improve there race sleds, there is already prrof in my picture and most likely more to come.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I wouldnt be so sure about next years race sleds looking like Team Olah's Open Mods.Why you ask?Cause they did not have any better results than others running less modified Open Mods with the steering column in or close to the original position.Tuckers Open Mod is based off a 02 Sno Pro with the brake in the tunnel.My guess is Tuckers sled has a excellent suspension package & tuning were the others are lacking.At the Lake Geneva race you could see this first hand.

My guess is a sled close to this years with the steering post slightly moved forward,5 gallon tank,1.65 inch track & hopefully Fox Zero-X shocks up front.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by 02SnoPro@Mar 23 2003, 10:17 PM
My guess is a sled close to this years with the steering post slightly moved forward,5 gallon tank,1.65 inch track & hopefully Fox Zero-X shocks up front.
But remember tucker did not ride these sleds using this design. But I think your predition is pretty accuarte, but i think there may be some seating modifications to the 04 snopro.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i remember back in the early 1970's the steering on the skidoo's
went over the motor.....they were very tippy.
i hope the f-cat dosent go back in time, with old design's.
i would hate to go back to a zr.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The searing goes over the motor on your firecat already, and it also does on the revs. Are these sleds tippy?

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
THE STEERING GOES OVER MY MOTOR???????????
no shit???????????
and i thought that thing was my exhaust pipe
as for your tippy question!!!!! no..... my firecat is not tippy!!!!!
is your rev tippy?????????

·
Registered
745 Posts
we're copying their riding position like they copied our a-arms ;)

·
Registered
772 Posts
zl5600....every post i ever see the other guys are right...ur so dang blinded by the mighty brand that is arctic cat ..in ur eyes..thats all there is..even if u lost every single race...ur sled always broke down...u had to pay for everything and ur sled went faster in reverse that forward u still would stick by cat and think they were the best..

Im about as green as they come ..but yet i see good in all brands..the rev is not junk by anymeans..the limited seat expierence i have with them this year i liked them..but yet not everything i liked..my sled is not perfect...niether is a REV, Rx1...etc etc...that being said start lookin at the good in all sleds that way it pushes others to make ur sled better... zl 500..u ride a sled that has long been outdated...even ur SS ...dont come across as the expert and all knowing on sleds that u dont know anything more then what u read on the internet...

by the way..please explain this to me..just looks like the steering is father forward....and this is going to make it better how??? to a trail rider why would this be better...??
Curious i am yes! :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm hoping that they will make some changes to the F-Cat chassis, but nothing too drastic. I would be willing to bet that in the near future ('04 race sled) they go back to a 121" track. Kirk Hibberts test sled that we saw at Canterbury will probably be VERY close to what is coming in the future. It puts the rider as far forward as the REV, but not as much like a crotch rocket. The planetary system will almost certainly be on the SnoPro. I would imagine that '04 is the year that Cat will make a seperate chassis for a "Race Only" sled. There are a lot of minor things that work on the track that don't work on the trail, and vise versa.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
blair morgan or tucker retired bitch could ride a kitty cat and own us all..... thats not a reason to choose a sled....., up here the whole snowmobile association is run by skidoo peeps, theres about 6 cats compared to about 40 doos and a few polaris......

cat comes first and the rest follow, i love my cat but im far from loyal to the brand, its my first cat......

blah blah blah

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by zl5600@Mar 23 2003, 09:24 PM
God I hope not. The rev sucks. Poor seating due to being stuffed up against the front of the sled. If I wanted to ride like a four wheeler, I would buy a four wheeler. Enough with the rev already. Tucker pretty much proved the snopro this year. Dominated the second half of the season pretty much. Did not get the point titles but won on a consistant basis.
yeah......that ZL is the best for sure.
you sound ridiculous.

·
Registered
125 Posts
No Way..... this is a Mod sled not a stocker.... the stocker's have a big enough gas tank to support the steering coloum, this hopped up mod sled has a tiny aluminum tank and no support for the steering coloum, therefor it needs that extra brace..... Dont get too hyped up on us Nostradamus...lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
F7 Freak - I'm sure glad that you jumped on that one first. Davey Boy got a little excited looking at Ispen's mod! That's not a pyrimid frame in anyone's dreams but as you stated, the top support for the steering (production sleds use the top of the tank to save weight). The tower also permits the elimination of the tie rod from the steering post to the steering link and might allow for quicker steering input? From the looks of the design, I doubt if the modification stiffens the chassis much? Maybe Cat will turn the engine back around to compete with the almighty Rev? LOL!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IF you really look at your sled the stearing post is basically not even touching the tank. If you dont believe what im saying go and buy the newest supertrax mag and read what they say about it, basically the same thing i said.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yah and cat cant turn there engine around and move it back and down low like the rev, because cat uses case reed, so they cant move the engine far down like the rev because the rev engines are cylinder reed and can be placed down low because the carbs and airbox are higher up than on the cat case reed engines. Cat reversed the engine so they could get it down low, the other way they could not.

·
Registered
562 Posts
The debat can go on for ever. The bottom line is right now the rev chassis has a slight advantage in handling on the snow cross track, specifically in the area of cornering. What ever next years sled brings we will all have to wait and see. I can tell you this, I know Ipsen personally and what he runs on his mod sled is to his and T&S racing liking only. Yes, they do quite a bit of experimenting for cat, his was one of the test sleds from this past season. However, not everything on his sled will make it to next years snow pro. What Mr. Hibbert wants, that's what will be on the sled. Look to his open mod sled to be more closely in line with what might appear next year, The riding position was moved approximately 7" forward on select mod sleds, the details vary between sleds for each racer as evidenced by the picture at the beginning, which is different than that of Kirk Hibberts sled.

By the way anyone else notice the SC10III modified SD suspension that kent was running, cat's race dept. did like that deal. And when both Ipsen and Hibbert broke in the open final on the same lap. What broke? the racing planetary gear system took both of them out.

Just my 02 cents.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts