Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any body know what rpm the ves opens on the 05 fusion . also what causes the valves to open, is it cyl pressure? thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
does any body know what rpm the ves opens on the 05 fusion . also what causes the valves to open, is it cyl pressure? thanks[/b]
Above 6800 and the selenoid opens the valves. I replied to your other post too and I was thinking you had an 06

·
Registered
362 Posts
just reading shop manual and on one page it says(and i quote: thr solenoid will open the exhaust port vacuum at a calibrated tps and rpm). then on the next page it has two diagrams one saying below 6800pm exhaus valves closed the other saing above 6800pm the exhaus valves full open? i was under the understanding that exhaust pressure is used to open the valves. the solenoid opens the pressure side of bellows to atmospheric effectively releasing the opening pressure. hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok this makes sence i think i have a solenoid problem, do either of you know how to test the solenoid?

·
Registered
276 Posts
ok this makes sence i think i have a solenoid problem, do either of you know how to test the solenoid?[/b]

I do not have the shop manual at home, it is at the shop. I can check tomorrow and let you know.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I failed one of the bellows on my 2005 900 which caused the valve not to open on that side. It will blow oil out of the hole in the middle out the VES cap if the bellow is bad. I would clean and inspect both of your bellows very carefully. The new bellows are slightly different and are reinforced with extra ribs in the fold areas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The 06 EV systems operate like this:

Below 6800 rpm, the solenoid is open venting off the cylinder pressure that would normally open the EV. Above 6800, the ECU tells the solenoid to close allowing the cylinder pressure to act on the bellows and open the EV.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i just got home from work and will test some of this stuff. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Cleaning my exhaust vavles on my 900 for the first time. Do the long cap nuts on top of the bellows spin off like regular nuts? Seem fragile, don't want to mess them up!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Cleaning my exhaust vavles on my 900 for the first time. Do the long cap nuts on top of the bellows spin off like regular nuts? Seem fragile, don't want to mess them up![/b]

Don't need to take the cap nuts off, there are four 6mm allen head bolts to remove. Search this site for detailed instructions. Be prepared to spend hours on this job depending on the buildup on the valves and removing the gasket material from the valve and the cylinder block.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Got it done. They weren't too bad. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts