Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i am having some control issues with my sled. the ski seems tippy in the turns and it is hard to side hill with this ski. is there anything i can do like change the skis and or carbids to make it better? i am trying to exhaust all options before i i go out and trade it in for something else. any help would be great

thanks
jamie

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
How long have you had your sled??? Just wondering, the rider forward can take a little getting used to if you are coming off of a conventional chassis. If it's tippy, crank up your front shocks a bit, too much ski pressure, more pressure in the front skid shock will help etc. etc. Try adjusting your sled before replacing stuff. I put USI PX301 on mine and it rails but the steering is pretty heavy at low speeds, I thought mine handled great with the stockers on but got too good of deal on the USI's to pass on them, they do work well though

·
Registered
144 Posts
Reduce your front shock spring pressure. Your skis are likely biting in to aggressively when you turn causing the tipping. This sounds opposite to what you would think but try it. I reduced my sring pressure alot, reduced the tippiness and steering effort.
Side hilling if the front is to stiff the machine won't lean into the hill the way you want.
Lift up on the front bumper to take the preload off the front springs before you try to adjust.

Fuse 6

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for your help. i am going to go do some tuning when i get a chance this weekend!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts