Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin's '06 600HO runs great, but after prolonged idling when he goes to take off it will stall like someone hit the kill switch. Then sometimes after the stall it will be difficult to pull over. When it's hard to pull over I pulled the plugs and cranked the engine over a few times, no excessive fuel coming out. Starts right up afterwards.

From reading other posts I understand these machines can load up and bog from idling too long but didn't see anything about stalling out. Anyone have this problem?

·
Registered
769 Posts
It almost seems electrical because it happens without warning. It does not bog, just starts going and dead. I wondered if this was common on the 600ho's.[/b]

not sure if it was common, but sounds like the TPS. is the throttle cable slack adjusted correctly?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It could be something as simple as the throttle cable safety switch like Gumper said.

is it right when the throttle is added? Like an instant kill when the flipper is moved?

The reason I ask is because you stated it acts like an electrical fault. and that would do it just like that.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Mine used to do it too. Sometimes the seld would get to much gas and die that way or when we got freezing rain the safety thing would make it stall out when you hit the gas hard because it was so loaded up. I hated how my 600 ho ran thats why i got a cfi. Problem solved..

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 06' Dragon did the same thing. Would burp and fart then quit, then to restart (while it was WARM) was like trying to start a 1000cc that sat out in -30 degree weather. Also when I would put it in reverse, sled qould quit. Turned the idle screw up, problem solved.

·
Registered
208 Posts
My cousin's '06 600HO runs great, but after prolonged idling when he goes to take off it will stall like someone hit the kill switch. Then sometimes after the stall it will be difficult to pull over. When it's hard to pull over I pulled the plugs and cranked the engine over a few times, no excessive fuel coming out. Starts right up afterwards.

From reading other posts I understand these machines can load up and bog from idling too long but didn't see anything about stalling out. Anyone have this problem?[/b]
When you say hard to pull over, hard like seizing or it just take a lot of pull to start. Make sure that it ain't the primary clutch hanging up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It almost felt like a hydrolock.[/b]
Mine felt the same way. My sled was idling for about 10 minutes and gave a little gas to put in back truck at the dealer and it stall. Grab the rope to pull and felt I broke my arm, then we realize I was trying to pull the drive train over to with motor. Try tapping the primary with rubber hammer, mine would move about a 1/16 to 1/8 inch. One time last year I took the belt off and run the clutch all the way close, took about an hour to get it back open and that when I got the clutch warranty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts