Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is racing his Fusion and has installed a set of inner idler wheels to his sled. I would be concerned about the suspension bottoming out on this set-up. I havn't seen where they were placed, but just the idea intrigues me. Has anyone else done this and tested the results?

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
15,254 Posts
Originally posted by sledaholic@Oct 10 2005, 07:40 PM
A friend of mine is racing his Fusion and has installed a set of inner idler wheels to his sled. I would be concerned about the suspension bottoming out on this set-up. I havn't seen where they were placed, but just the idea intrigues me. Has anyone else done this and tested the results?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=920895
[/quote]

I'd be interested also. I heard there isn't enough room for idlers because when the skid compress's they would hit, racin's different than trail riding though.

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
This is funny I just sent this picture to Polaris technical trainer, I took the second set of idler wheels off and moved them inside the rails using the same rear holes. Going to do a few more test to make sure everything clears. Looks like it will.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,572 Posts
Originally posted by xc8@Oct 10 2005, 10:17 PM
This is funny I just sent this picture to Polaris technical trainer, I took the second set of idler wheels off and moved them inside the rails using the same rear holes. Going to do a few more test to make sure everything clears. Looks like it will.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921411
[/quote]

What is the purpose of moving the rail bogie wheels from the outside to the inside?

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by ExcursionPSD@Oct 10 2005, 11:00 PM
What is the purpose of moving the rail bogie wheels from the outside to the inside?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921512
[/quote]

The track flexes to much and the studs do very little as the track just humps up in the middle between the rails. Also with Walker Evan shock package the reservoir is taking chunks out of the middle of the track when shock is compressed and you ride over something that makes the track push up in the center. That is the main reason that I am tring this.

So all the owners of the 06 Dragons with W/E shocks you better look into this or your track just might look like this after your first ride.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by xc8@Oct 10 2005, 11:17 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921411
[/quote]
Did you remove the outer wheels or just switch their posistions? Thanks for the picsXC8. :div20:

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by sledaholic@Oct 11 2005, 05:03 AM
Did you remove the outer wheels or just switch their posistions? Thanks for the picsXC8. :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=921652
[/quote]
Right now they are removed, you will have to drill new holes to reistall them. Only other way is to get longer bolts and install them together, one on inside and one on outside of rail using same holes. Nuts would have to go to outside for clearance and you would have to use a allen headed bolt for the bottom so you can tighten it. Not sure what I am going to do yet. Like I said before though I have to still make sure they clear.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Is this a problem on all IQ rear skids or just 05's w/ Walker Evans packages ?

Was anything done for 06 to correct the track bulging in the center ?

thanks for the advice and the pics

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by danracefan@Oct 11 2005, 08:57 PM
Is this a problem on  all IQ rear skids or just 05's w/ Walker Evans packages ?

Was anything done for 06 to correct the track bulging in the center ?

thanks for the advice and the pics
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923294
[/quote]
It is only a problem on 05's w/ Walker Evans packages. I looked at the 06 Dragon at the Big East show and they didn't do anything to fix this problem.

:frech32:

·
Registered
659 Posts
The rear skid/wheels are the same and in the same locations . No better for '06's . Have you compressed the skid fully and whatched if it hits anywhere ? If not I'm gonna do it too ....

Jeff

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
Why dont you have your dealer put a new track on before the warranty runs out?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Krom@Oct 13 2005, 07:27 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927960
[/quote]
I don't believe a manufacturers warrantee covers stud installation wether installed by a dealer or not. There are too many variables including length of stud and location. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by Krom@Oct 13 2005, 06:27 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=927960
[/quote]
That is my plan, I am dealing with my dealer and a Polaris rep about this and I told them just give me track and let me keep the old one as I don't want to install the new one till I know that I have fixed the problem. Also told them that I want a idler wheel kit to reinstall back on outside of rails.

sledaholic, the damage to my track was caused by the rear W/E shock and not the studs so that's not the problem.

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by liquidfast@Oct 12 2005, 04:50 PM
The rear skid/wheels are the same and in the same locations . No better for '06's . Have you compressed the skid fully and whatched if it hits anywhere ? If not I'm gonna do it too ....

Jeff
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925137
[/quote]
I can't collapse the rear skid all the way at home, planning on taking to work where I can tie down sled in pods that are drilled in are collision shop floor. Will jack up front of track rear of track and both to see if everything clears. Worse case I will pull out skid if I can't see everything. Try and do over the weekend, as it is suppose to rain all weekend.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm all for warrantee issues. It's mostly the dealers call. Good luck. :div20:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Originally posted by xc8@Oct 13 2005, 07:39 PM
I can't collapse the rear skid all the way at home, planning on taking to work where I can tie down sled in pods that are drilled in are collision shop floor. Will jack up front of track rear of track and both to see if everything clears. Worse case I will pull out skid if I can't see everything. Try and do over the weekend, as it is suppose to rain all weekend.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928145
[/quote]
Cool .... let me know cause I will do that right away . Thanks
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
If you guys need brackets I have a bunch of new ones for $10 ea, and also 5.62" outer black wheels and the narrow front inner wheels with the aluminum spacer attached for $15 ea. All NEW.

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by liquidfast@Oct 13 2005, 08:09 PM
Cool .... let me know cause I will do that right away . Thanks
Jeff
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928218
[/quote]
Here are some more pictures. I pulled out the skid and worked it every which way and here is what I came up with. If you look at the second pictures I am going to cut some of the bolt off that goes through the bottom of the shock and support arms and use a short nylock nut (size you get with studs). I can make this hit the wheels if I roll the rear back before it I compress the shock. I don't think the skidframe can even move the way I am talking about when it is in the sled but I am going to trim the bolt anyways. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,410 Posts
very interesting. i would rather not loose a wheel on the outside but
i can definatly see the need for some inside ones.

keep us posted.
:div20:

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Originally posted by sayatodaU.P.eh?@Oct 17 2005, 10:25 PM
very interesting. i would rather not loose a wheel on the outside but
i can definatly see the need for some inside ones.

keep us posted.
:div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936688
[/quote]
I plan on installing the outer wheels back on just might have to drill some new holes.

Also here is the first picture again. Doesn't work in other post.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts