Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope some one can help me out with this. I'm changing my control arms, but im not sure what route to go. First off does the control arms of a 06 fusion fit the 05 fusion? and if they dont are the bulkheads different? im being told the o7 and 06 control arm part # are the same. At the same time im also being told the 05 bulkhead is different part # then 07 IQ bulkhead. I would really like to put the 07 or 08 control arms on if possible and of course the spindles as well. Thanks for any info

·
Registered
362 Posts
when i looked into changing my 05 spindles to the 06 spindles my dealer said you had to change the a arms as well. 900$ for the parts. so i installed the holz ez steer spindles instead. 300$us and they look way cooler!

·
Registered
255 Posts
the 06 spindles will fit on the 05 but you have to change the A-arms and basically everything up to the hood

·
Registered
48 Posts
dont know where you boys are gettn ur info but the 06 07 spindles will bolt right on the 05 without any changes of aframes at all u just have to get half inch longer bolt do to the newer spindles are thicker on the top hime area

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I guess i need to know if I use 07 control arms and keep my o5 spindles for now would that work? and if yes would I still be able to use the sway bar from my 05 which is broken anyways or would I need one from something newer?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there any techs out there that would know if the 07 control arms bolt up to the 05 fusion? thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Control arm a arm same thing right. Well heres my deal I snapped my sway bar and one of my control arms bent ever so slightly, I cant really tell which one is bent no chipping of paint etc. One of my spindles is tilted back more than the other and one ski is about two inches further back than the other. So i was going to say the heck with it and replace all the control arms. I would like to get the ones off a o7 because I think they offer them in black not sure on that? I just need to know what will fit and what wont. Polaris said 07 doesnt fit but the 06 shares the same part number,( I'm being told by dealership). so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Control arm a arm same thing right. Well heres my deal I snapped my sway bar and one of my control arms bent ever so slightly, I cant really tell which one is bent no chipping of paint etc. One of my spindles is tilted back more than the other and one ski is about two inches further back than the other. So i was going to say the heck with it and replace all the control arms. I would like to get the ones off a o7 because I think they offer them in black not sure on that? I just need to know what will fit and what wont. Polaris said 07 doesnt fit but the 06 shares the same part number,( I'm being told by dealership). so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.[/b]

http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp

Check this out - if the parts are the same you will be fine.

On another note . I have an 05 900 and am switching the entire suspension to an 06. (got the whole set up with spindles both sides with arms for $350)

It will be done wednesday, I'll let you know how it comes out :question:

·
Registered
83 Posts
the only diff. in control arms is color 05 to 08 I bent a rt frt lower on my 07 dragon & installed an 05 silver to get me back on the trails than snow went away

THANK SNOW

·
Registered
70 Posts
Greetings

I have an 05 Fusion with an 06 front end. The bulkhead on on 05 is a different from the 06 but the mount points for the a arms ar the same. As others have mentioned the a arms changed in 06 and are the same part number in 07. I am not sure about 08's.

The spindle from an 06 or an 07 should fit. The 07 spindles were changed from 06. You can do a search and find a number of posts on this subject.

If you are interested I can help you out with parts. Send a PM.

Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts