Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have raced my buddies pro-x 800 and the outcome is always him watching me pull away.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have raced my buddies pro-x 800 and the outcome is always him watching me pull away.[/b]
same here. my buddy tries everything to make it faster,so i do the same. i think i am about 10 sled length lead on him, but we haven't raced yet this year. he gets so pissed, it's funny. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've raced a 800 pro x a number of times and gave him a beating he will never forget.The 800 pro x sleds are slow for a 800 and the one I was racing was clutched and had picks and he still never had a chance.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
has any1 raced a pro-x 800 and what was the out come[/b]
Beat'M' like a red headed step child. Beat'M' so bad his kids were born dizzy. Beat'M so bad, He went out and bought a Fusion.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had a 2004 Pro X 800, my buddies had 900 Fusions. Totaled the Pro X trying to keep up with them. Replaced it with the Fusion until I burned it down (four picks through the rear cooler). Replaced that with the 900 SB. Be warned, the 06 900 SB can eat the Fusions for lunch. Mine would repat 118 before studding and 110 after 380 TLS's. Ice or snow, it ruled every race I paticipated in. If it just wasn't so bloody heavy in the powder!

Have fun!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a 2004 Pro X 800, my buddies had 900 Fusions. Totaled the Pro X trying to keep up with them. Replaced it with the Fusion until I burned it down (four picks through the rear cooler). Replaced that with the 900 SB. Be warned, the 06 900 SB can eat the Fusions for lunch. Mine would repat 118 before studding and 110 after 380 TLS's. Ice or snow, it ruled every race I paticipated in. If it just wasn't so bloody heavy in the powder!

Have fun![/b]
Wow I don't know where you are getting that information... you must have one fast SB. The only difference is hole shote because of the added traction of the big track... the SB have a 24 tooth instead of a 25 tooth top gear.... I wish you were close to me... I'd run you anytime... Here's a video of the 2 racing. along with a few other sleds... granted the 900 SB was in second place....
enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT3ZxNqT0v8

·
Registered
4,787 Posts

Have fun![/b]
I made my buddies switchback look like a 500.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Wow I don't know where you are getting that information... you must have one fast SB. The only difference is hole shote because of the added traction of the big track... the SB have a 24 tooth instead of a 25 tooth top gear.... I wish you were close to me... I'd run you anytime... Here's a video of the 2 racing. along with a few other sleds... granted the 900 SB was in second place....
enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT3ZxNqT0v8[/b]
I'm not getting the information, I've lived it!

Our group has had four 900 Fusions, and two 900 SB's. My SB was the faster at 118, the other did 117 top with no picks and 105 after. Most speeds were confirmed with GPS. The fastest Fusion of the bunch did 114 without picks and I believe 104 with 96 picks. One of the Fusions rarely broke 100. The SB is faster despite the added track because the approach angle is better. All numbers represent lake running with minimal snow cover. However the SB's would do almost as well on packed snow.

So take it for what it is worth, I've owned the lot and really have no reason to misrepresent MY observations. Maybe we did have two good SB's and several bad to worse Fusions. Maybe I shouldn't note that the other SB readily leaves the new XP 146 X as well. I have never run mine against the XP as I'm running Dragons. Not as fast, but a whole lot more fun!

·
Registered
28 Posts
IVE BEATEN 8OO EDGES BY QUITE A BIT. HOWEVER THEY HAVE PRETTY GOOD TOP END & CAN RUN WITH ME THERE. PRO-X'S NOT SO GOOD ON TOP END. DIFFERENT GEARS.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have a xc 800 with a slp pipe and air kit. Raced two 06 fusions with equal weight riders and the same number of picks. We would trade wins off the line but if i didn't win off the line I would be passing them before a quarter mile. Could pass both fusions by 1-2 mph.
These fusions had about 500 miles on them and had the stock clutch components. With some clutch work I am sure they would be faster.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm not getting the information, I've lived it!

Our group has had four 900 Fusions, and two 900 SB's. My SB was the faster at 118, the other did 117 top with no picks and 105 after. Most speeds were confirmed with GPS. The fastest Fusion of the bunch did 114 without picks and I believe 104 with 96 picks. One of the Fusions rarely broke 100. The SB is faster despite the added track because the approach angle is better. All numbers represent lake running with minimal snow cover. However the SB's would do almost as well on packed snow.

So take it for what it is worth, I've owned the lot and really have no reason to misrepresent MY observations. Maybe we did have two good SB's and several bad to worse Fusions. Maybe I shouldn't note that the other SB readily leaves the new XP 146 X as well. I have never run mine against the XP as I'm running Dragons. Not as fast, but a whole lot more fun![/b]
Agreed most sb 900's are faster up top because of the better angle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts