Hardcore Sledder banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing I can say.....Is that it is refreshing to see a magazine actually talk some real talk....I get sick of some mags that won't offend anyone, and just beat around the bush.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
yeh yeh yeh.......keep on bashing :banghead:
I have some miles on mine now, and sure the sled need some upgrades for my riding style, but its NOT that bad... New skies, and some "SLP-stuff" will help to prove again that this sled is one of the best "corner to corner" sleds. On the other hand, i like beeing a "underdog" for those who havent ride a Fusion for more than a couple of hours, and just rellay on the feedback from testdrivers. :div20:
Ohh yeh, sure i know there are some riders that doesnt like their Fusion ride, but to me the 05 Fusion work very well... Thats MY opinion, and you cant take that away from me :fluffy:

Now to the funny part;
How can i get more "good" vibrations???? My girlfriend just love em...
Hmmm..... funny that nobody comment the vibres on a Harley? I havent heard any Harley driver bashing it for the vibres.. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Tromso@Oct 4 2005, 04:04 PM
funny that nobody comment the vibres on a Harley? I havent heard any Harley driver bashing it for the vibres..

:dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=907940
[/quote]

For the same reason they do not complain that their bikes are outdated, inferior, and have not been advanced due to the Harley name, and that sheep will follow the herd over a cliff.

:smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Probably some sour grapes with these guys, too, as they mention the 900 Fusion is aimed at 41 year olds with 15+ years riding experience who make $73,000 a year and up...these guys fall into the 20 years old just moved up from a Kitty Kat who make $3.25 an hour as towel boys at the car wash demographic...

I would be curious to know when and where they did all the testing on the 06...it's 90 degrees in Ontario today, I didn't see many sleds at the trail crossings on the way home from work.

As for it being refreshing to see a "magazine" with honest reviews...this isn't a magazine, it's a web page, and, unlike the magazines, their major sponsors are the aftermarket guys (maybe I missed the Polaris/SD/AC/Y ads on their page???)...so, similar to how the magazines need to have good reviews of the sleds so the manafacturers will keep buying two-page ads, these web-heads need to tell you that everything sucks, so you run out and buy a pipe and clutch weights, and whatever other "miracle performance enhancers" are advertising with them.

Sorry, but I've read enough reviews...most reviewers liked the 05, and look how it turned out! Bring on the snow, we'll judge for ourselves...

·
Registered
452 Posts
If the fusion 900 is so bad why is this the forum with the most action on hardcoresledder.com? I liked my fusion but it was just hard on gas and belts. Hopefully the 2006 is better.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Redfusion900, you make some good points. Not everyone can afford a 900 or any new sled for that matter. It is getting to be a very expensive sport.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've been reading their reports for a while now and I just think that they are Yamaha lovers and hate polaris. They have nothing bad to say about the new Yamahas, but if you read Sno-tech, SnowGoer, or AM snow they all say that the Yamahas are still have 4th place suspension. I just read in sno tech that the 600 ho maybe the best balance between handling, suspension and power for 06!!!! I guess you just have to ride one yourself and make your own decision!!!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by RedFusion900@Oct 4 2005, 04:32 PM
Probably some sour grapes with these guys, too, as they mention the 900 Fusion is aimed at 41 year olds with 15+ years riding experience who make $73,000 a year and up...these guys fall into the 20 years old just moved up from a Kitty Kat who make $3.25 an hour as towel boys at the car wash demographic...

I would be curious to know when and where they did all the testing on the 06...it's 90 degrees in Ontario today, I didn't see many sleds at the trail crossings on the way home from work.

As for it being refreshing to see a "magazine" with honest reviews...this isn't a magazine, it's a web page, and, unlike the magazines, their major sponsors are the aftermarket guys (maybe I missed the Polaris/SD/AC/Y ads on their page???)...so, similar to how the magazines need to have good reviews of the sleds so the manafacturers will keep buying two-page ads, these web-heads need to tell you that everything sucks, so you run out and buy a pipe and clutch weights, and whatever other "miracle performance enhancers" are advertising with them.

Sorry, but I've read enough reviews...most reviewers liked the 05, and look how it turned out!  Bring on the snow, we'll judge for ourselves...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=908019
[/quote]
these are probably the same kids that called the 900 'anemic' compared to the 600ho.......SNO-X MAGAZINE sept 05..........stupid punks...............

·
Registered
512 Posts
maximumsled.com is about as anti polaris as it gets, they absolutley love cat and yamaha, not defending polaris or knocking any other of the manufacturers but I'd have to say most have to agree.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Steve, Wade, Shane & Randy... Three of them names aren't even gender specific, WTF?

3 girls and a guy?

Problems identified between the 4 of them:

1) Vibration

2) Heavy steering (no mention if that was on position #1 or #7?)

Further it appears that their marketing contract no longer specifies "sneaky fast," especially comparing the 900 to the 600... Let's get it straight, the 900 will walk a 600 all day long. But I guess since the phrase was no longer paid for, they've forgotten that the 900 will hit 100 damn quicker than it feels.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Like I said in the general forum thread...max sled is a joke. Pick up the newest Snow tech magazine and read about the new Fusions from a respectable publication

·
Registered
450 Posts
Were not these the guys that Polaris did not invite to the media unvailing of the SwitchBack 900 last January? Something about Polaris not thinking these guys were very professional in the methods of their sled eveluations, as the story went they follow no formal process.., don't take notes,etc . Sound like they are just hacks. I think its payback time from MAXSLED for Polaris "dis-ing em".

Yeah that comment about the Z1000 being to much sled struck me as pretty funny coming from guys that ride sleds for a living.

Sounds like anyone can start a web site. I would like to start one myself and try all the new products. MY SITE WILL BE CALLED.......FATSLED.COM. My target market will be the over 300 lbs sledder. Aside from rating snowmobiles from the overweight snowmobiler's prespective, there will be interesting articles on where to find the best deep fried food on the trail, Muff Pot recipes, and the virtues of heavy duty springs. Oh ya, my editorial policy will state up front, if an advertisor buys an ad on my site they get a good reveiw. That will mean when I write a good reveiw on Krispy Cream Donuts, Warn Snow Winches,or Polaris snowmobiles and their is an ad next to the article, you will all know why all the kind words.

See you on the net.
FATSLED.COM

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Oh, I wrote them a letter thinking they were a magazine. But they aint sh!t. Waste of my time. oh well, helps sharpen the letter writing skills I guess. :doh:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'll have to agree with Erik on this one. Anybody can start up a web site for minimal money. The magazines have serioius overhead in terms of postage, paper, printing, etc, plus it appears the magazines at least utilize credible methods of testing such as radar, weights, experienced riders who we know are experienced and can back it up with feed back and expertise. I'm with Rob... these were the guys I think Polaris no longer invited to their press ride for the reasons stated. That sums up the review in my opinion. Not worth the time to read.

On another note, my dealers district rep told him the 600HO Fusion is the best selling sled to date in the industry.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If the mileage was a little better I would be totally happy. There are some issues, but I did buy a first year sled. Time back I would go with the six just for cost factor, but man that 9 can hit 115 in a hurry. As for the heavy steering, that can be massaged a little. Minw start every time and only the second belt 940 miles on. Alot in both powder and trails, handles nice in the deep, but a little slugish in the hard corners. Don't like the front rad, ices up when in the powder. Ripsaw is awsome, but I want to stud it so I can get RENAGADE X, off the line. Na , I like the slid affect too much.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.