Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the top speed everyones getting w/ there fusions? i got a 600, great trail sled but doest seem like its got much for top speed.... clutch issues??? it goes great till abt 85-87 mph, top speed i got is 88 mph seems it should go more..any ideas???

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Keep in mind the newer speedos are a lot more acurate.I remember back when a speedo read 110 and the radar gun read 90.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
whats the top speed everyones getting w/ there fusions? i got a 600, great trail sled but doest seem like its got much for top speed.... clutch issues??? it goes great till abt 85-87 mph, top speed i got is 88 mph seems it should go more..any ideas???[/b]

What are you running on,snow or ice? Do you have stock gearing ? Have you changed the timing & jetting ? Are you hitting 8200rpm's @ wot ? A lot of variables here............yes 88mph on the digital readout seems a little off the mark...........Mine will reach 107-109 mph on bare ice............slower of course on the white stuff.............

·
Registered
785 Posts
What are you running on,snow or ice? Do you have stock gearing ? Have you changed the timing & jetting ? Are you hitting 8200rpm's @ wot ? A lot of variables here............yes 88mph on the digital readout seems a little off the mark...........Mine will reach 107-109 mph on bare ice............slower of course on the white stuff.............[/b]

91mph in 660' and 109 top speed Long Lake Naples Maine. I'm very confident on ice or 1" of crust the HO will go faster on top. 88mph seems to be low if you're hitting 8200rpm @ WOT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have two 06 600 HO's the one with the leaking chaincase, and clutch work has a top speed at 101mph on hard pack (8150 rpm)lake the other sled is stock with the exception of the leaking filler neck (which should be in some time next year) 94 mph. i have been hearing some of the issues on this board and actually have the chaincase fixed, epoxyed the tank for now and both of these sleds are awesome, very responsive, quick and with some fine tuning on the chassis handle like a dream.

·
Registered
101 Posts
103mph on hardpack, down-hill with a tailwind......most other times I can get 89 out of it. which is better than the 82mph it did stock. Right now its top speed is however fast the trailer is going if and when the dealer ever gets my damned gas tank in. Cant tell me when they will get a tank, snow on the ground, trails are open and forecast is for mid to upper 40's next week.....F-U Polaris!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can get 94 MPH out of it now that I had 400 mains put in on a hard packed trail. Before when stock only 84 MPH,I have never had it opened up on the ice.

·
Registered
276 Posts
When I had my 06 Dragon, I saw 105 on a very hard packed field. Most of the time it would run 101-103. Make sure your track is not too tight, big difference! The conditions mean alot with this chassis!

·
Registered
153 Posts
2006 600HO- 400 mains, 1.25 ripsaw with 96 woody's, 23-39 gears, rpm 8200-8300 wot. Fastest ever (last year) 103 on hardpack. Usually 91-94 mph.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts