Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up 2 Fusion 600s this fall and finally got a chance to get them ready for winter. While cleaning the carbs I found that 1 has 420 mains and the fuel screw is 1.5 out, while the other has 400 mains and the fuel screw is 2.5 out. I do most of my riding between 1000' & 2000' at -10°F to 30°F. These will be ridden by my boys, so I plan on running them as they came to see which (if either) is better. I can have them switch to get multiple opinions. I've read that taking mains down 1 size from Polaris factory is usually a good rule of thumb, but 2? Does anybody know where I can find a chart detailing elevation/temperature to jet size? Does anybody have general input on this topic based on personal knowledge?

Thanks in advance,
E

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,158 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I picked up 2 Fusion 600s this fall and finally got a chance to get them ready for winter. While cleaning the carbs I found that 1 has 420 mains and the fuel screw is 1.5 out, while the other has 400 mains and the fuel screw is 2.5 out. I do most of my riding between 1000' & 2000' at -10°F to 30°F. These will be ridden by my boys, so I plan on running them as they came to see which (if either) is better. I can have them switch to get multiple opinions. I've read that taking mains down 1 size from Polaris factory is usually a good rule of thumb, but 2? Does anybody know where I can find a chart detailing elevation/temperature to jet size? Does anybody have general input on this topic based on personal knowledge?

Thanks in advance,
E

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This is a picture of notes I have on my iPhone 4...yes I have graduated from that phone model?

Anyway, I think the 420 main is a little on conservative side. I am at sea level.

Unfortunately, I have SLP on one sled, Bikeman on the other and stock on one also. The PAJ, starter jet, air jet and amount of turns should work on all to cure your low end stumble. The main is your call based on altitude and brand of exhaust you have.

A Hardcore guy named Mudripper used to run 390 on his...I have never went below 400. All Fusion 600’s on my notes. Sorry twisted pic. Will try to post picture right way up in next post.

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
390 mains. Bigger PAJs, play with the screws, but memory tells me somewhere around 1.5 turns. Bump timing 2 degrees, switch to 22/40 gears, slp pipe/can, slp aribox mod, add 2 grams to clutch weight... beat up on 800s of the day, all day long. Put 5000 miles on this setup before selling it. What an awesome sled it was. Literally would destroy my buddies on their f8s.

Also get some spindles from an '09 I think, makes steering effort so much easier.

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,652 Posts
Best of my memory. 2 degree timing bump for sure, Actual best mod for the Fuse 6. 400 main with Holtzman Tempa flow. Gutted air box SLP air horn. V Force. BMP pipe mod, BMP head mod. 64 weights I think, Searching my memory for springs and helix. Ran this on my first new Fuse6 in 2006-2007, and my second used Fuse6 from 2010 to 2015.

·
Administrator
24,669 Posts
These are my plugs after a good rip. 400 mains, 47.5 pilots, stock needle jet and needle position. 93 E10 premium fuel. Sled has a BMP modded pipe, SLP air box and silencer. Stock timing. At this time I can’t pull a 66/44-.46 helix, in a TSS04 clutch with all other clutching stock other than two delrin washers under the spring cup. Ignition timing is wherever the factory set it. Engine mechanicals all check out. 22:40 gearing.

Sled is a pooch with this setup. It barley pulls 8100 out of the hole, pulls back to 7800 and struggles to get past that. From a roll, it’s a flat pig. Struggles to get past 7700. Never had this issue until after I put the TSS04 clutch on it. The sled is getting some miles on it too but I don’t think the engine is weak yet.

Went up to 440 mains, stock 50 pilots and I’m going to try the stock TSS98 secondary back on it.

I’ve always run .8 PAJs and 1.25 turns on the fuel screws.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts