Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
A 06 Fusion 600ho should be turning 8,250 rpm. At 7,900 you are 350 rpm low. You will gain way more performance by spinning the correct rpm, than any head mod or billet head will ever give you.[/b]
well what do you have for suggestions as to why im not spinning the right rpm? ive never had it pull 8250

·
Registered
39,599 Posts
well what do you have for suggestions as to why im not spinning the right rpm? ive never had it pull 8250[/b]
You have to make sure your clutch weights are exactly 62 grams to begin with....many were on the heavy side that needed some grinding on the weight sides to get them to spec. A few early 600 fusions had timing issues and needed a bump...others had excessive head volume but they were few and far between....You really need to remove the head and cc each chamber and go from there to be accurate.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If you plan on modding this sled i would hold off on grinding the weights , chances you are gonna find that the lightest weight is gonna be at 62.5 or so and you might want to balance them all to the lightest weight first before going right to 62g , if you plan on keeping it stock then by all means go for 62 right away . Mine pulls 64s at 8300 rpm

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
mr x what do you have for mods on your sled? i have 64s that i weighed and they were all the same from the epi kit i bought a long time ago but that was kind of a mistake.

too slow i plan on getting the bump to 28* before season and about grinding down the weights what do you use does a fine file do a good enough job or will i need something a little more course? where do you want to take off when you do such a thing?

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,644 Posts
well what do you have for suggestions as to why im not spinning the right rpm? ive never had it pull 8250[/b]
Stock clutching, weights set to 62 grams each, timing set to 28 degrees, 400 mains all equals 8,250 rpm and more perfromance.

·
Registered
39,599 Posts
Stock clutching, weights set to 62 grams each, timing set to 28 degrees, 400 mains all equals 8,250 rpm and more perfromance.[/b]
Exactly. As far as getting all the weights to 62 grams...a belt sander is the easiest....you lightly sand the sides of the weight evenly starting on the section past the pivot area. Don't sand the pivot area. If you have a dremel or something like a b&d rotary tool with a sanding roll you can color the weights area to be sanded...this will allow you to sand the weight evenly repeating the process till you get down to the final exact weight. I've used the rotary sanding method and it works great. I guarantee you get the clutching and the timing down on those 06 600 fusions so they spin about 8300 rpm an they run like a whole different animal you'll forget about all this head shaving nonsense.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
mr x what do you have for mods on your sled? i have 64s that i weighed and they were all the same from the epi kit i bought a long time ago but that was kind of a mistake.

too slow i plan on getting the bump to 28* before season and about grinding down the weights what do you use does a fine file do a good enough job or will i need something a little more course? where do you want to take off when you do such a thing?[/b]
I cut the head , 400 mains , BMP pipe mod , slp air box mod , modded y-pipe , wrapped pipe with heat wrap , polished exhaust ports , balanced 64s with EPI maroon , the only thing i havnt done is to try the timing bump .

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
14,644 Posts
I cut the head , 400 mains , BMP pipe mod , slp air box mod , modded y-pipe , wrapped pipe with heat wrap , polished exhaust ports , balanced 64s with EPI maroon , the only thing i havnt done is to try the timing bump .[/b]

The only thing you haven't done, is free. If you can do it yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Stock 10-62's, Team Grey (165-344) primary, stock secondary, timing 28*, 400 mains (with tempa). You will have 8250-8300 RPM as others have stated. The sled will be completely different... Mine ran best at 8300, creep to 8350 on a long run. From a dead stop nailing it will jump to 8100 then couple seconds later go up. Awesome running 600. Like Dave said, 7900 you are down probly a good 8-10 HP on top end.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts