Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
:homework: All of his transactions were legit...

But whoever has something coming to them, I hope they get delt with!! :nutkick:[/b]
I think you need to do your home work son. Ask any cop, the " I didn't know and all my transactions were legal " are not as failsafe as you think. If a cop has " Reasonable Doubt" or "probable cause" and "feels you profited from this act of crime" they will act on it, and they will be your best friend and tell you not to worry, and you've done nothing wrong, right up to the point the charge you. It happened to me, not a friend or someone I knew. It cost me $2500 to prove my innocence.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Now this number I have seen!!!! It is a production code number and it shows what class the motor is and when, where it was built. Again, not 100% sure on this but I don't believe that polaris tracks that number in any way. This is what I have been told, (and I believe the guy that told me this info. ), as I was buying & selling Polaris crate motors for resale a few years ago!!
Yes they are. no one is disputing that data. But its just a sticker.

As the sled comes down the assembly line and a motor is placed in the sled they attach a Vin sticker, to the motor, that match's the Vin number that is on the tunnel. It is just a sticker and comes off rather easy. Hell the one on my sled fell off on its own after a few years and a few cleanings.

Keep in mind that motors are blown up, rebuilt & swapped out all the time, even by the factory or a dealer. To my knowledge the only number that is ever recorded and tracked is the Vin sticker that is placed on the motor when it is new.

This sticker is easily removed and if it is gone there is still no proof that the motor is not legit.
But it does not matter in this case as it has already been said that the motor in the ST fusion was replaced while is was being built by Sled Tech.[/b]
Sorry to tell all the thiefs out there that the number pinstamped on the engine case by the reed cages is the model of the engine and the serial number and if that engine gets put in a sled it is attatched to the Vin of the sled and recorded into Polaris's data base and if someone not knowing steals a sled they best remove the engine because it can and will be traced. There are also a couple other things on the sled that are attatched to the VIN that can be traced also! So if Sled Tech replaced the motor they should have the serial number of the motor they installed that is stamped right on the case to track. Even service cases and short blocks come with serial numbers to identify on the case from Pure Polaris. Nomatter how it turns out it still sucks that he pretty much knows where the sled is and how it got there but can't do anything about it!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I think you need to do your home work son. Ask any cop, the " I didn't know and all my transactions were legal " are not as failsafe as you think. If a cop has " Reasonable Doubt" or "probable cause" and "feels you profited from this act of crime" they will act on it, and they will be your best friend and tell you not to worry, and you've done nothing wrong, right up to the point the charge you. It happened to me, not a friend or someone I knew. It cost me $2500 to prove my innocence.[/b]
Did you tell them it wasn't you, and that is was in fact the one armed man? I hear that works in Hollyweird... :dunno:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I actually saw this sled on craigslist too! I was actually thinking about buying it! Good thing i didnt by the looks of the issue...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi guys,

Polarisbob called me this morning and told me about this thread.

Yes, I and several other people are 100% certain that that is the front 1/2 of the stolen sledtech fusion.

The State Police (who took the original complaint on the stolen sleds and trailer) have been contacted. The thing is that this sled was advertised on craigslist in Flint, Mi. in the beginning of December and has since changed hands at least once. I spoke to the trooper today and they are investigating the case, just not sure how hard at this point. The basic problem is being able to positively identify the sled, The builder and I know all of the modifications that were done to build this sled and they are many, problem is that once the vin is replaced, that is the identification of the sled.

Thanks to all who have helped and kept their eyes alert for the sledtech fusion to resurface (and there are many), I personally never thought I would see it in one piece again, and especially so poorly hidden. Will keep everyone posted as things develop.[/b]

If the trooper investigating this is having a hard time identitfying the sled PM me his contact info and I will call him up. I am a 32 year Police Officer, qualified as an expert in Auto Theft. A few years back I investigated a ring who was stole and chopped at least 20 sleds,particulary Polaris, removing VINs from tunnels and welding in fake replacement VIN's. During that investgation we where able to identify sevral sleds which had been chopped. There are ways to identify sleds, which I won't get into here for obvious reasons. I would be glad to share them with any law enforcement officer who requires them.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts