Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Brand loyal, not brand blind
Joined
·
15,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you post a few pics of the spare belt in its holder, Jim?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
racerdave...

I don't have a pic, but if you are referring as to how the belt is held in the holder, simply turn the belt onto its side and it fits. At least that is how it worked on last year's Fuse. Everyone tries to jam the belt in the holder like it used to be atop the clutch gaurd, but now it goes the other direction. Does this make any sense or should I set down the bottle and step away from the screen??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Lucky I'm up closing loose ends before vacation time and needed something different to do for a few minutes...

I just grabbed a spare belt and stuck it in there, prolly be able to adjust it a little better. I AM Pissed they got rid of the plastic shelf piece that held the tool kit down in the right hand compartment... I'm gonna see if I can get an 05 part.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
The belt vibrates and rubs against the exhaust and cuts the edges of the belt. This wrecks the spare belt. Not sure what the fix is.........Belt on clutches don't last either.....as if I had to tell you guys this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900@Oct 14 2005, 10:01 AM
The belt vibrates and rubs against the exhaust and cuts the edges of the belt.  This wrecks the spare belt.  Not sure what the fix is.........Belt on clutches don't last either.....as if I had to tell you guys this.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929283
[/quote]

That's why they call it a "spare" belt... It's only meant to get you outta the woods, the holder's purpose is not to showcase a mint unused piece.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Bull Sh!t. Sometime I'm 300 miles away from my cabin. Blow a belt & I should put some rag on just to get me out of the woods! Then what?
I also had the side of a new belt damaged by this aborted belt holder. Ended up stuffing it in the trunk. Know that's not the perfect place for it but didn't come up with a better place, except a Poo engineers rear! :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Originally posted by 16 lake lodge@Oct 14 2005, 01:20 PM
Bull Sh!t. Sometime I'm 300 miles away from my cabin. Blow a belt & I should put some rag on just to get me out of the woods! Then what?
I also had the side of a new belt damaged by this aborted belt holder. Ended up stuffing it in the trunk. Know that's not the perfect place for it but didn't come up with a better place,  except a Poo engineers rear! :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929610
[/quote]

I suppose you also rely on them little donut-spares in your cars to take you cross country well over 50 MPH as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,259 Posts
Originally posted by 16 lake lodge@Oct 14 2005, 12:20 PM
Bull Sh!t. Sometime I'm 300 miles away from my cabin. Blow a belt & I should put some rag on just to get me out of the woods! Then what?
I also had the side of a new belt damaged by this aborted belt holder. Ended up stuffing it in the trunk. Know that's not the perfect place for it but didn't come up with a better place,  except a Poo engineers rear! :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929610
[/quote]


I agree with you on the spare belt.Who carries a old worn out belt for a spare.The fusion belts are crap as it is why would anyone carry an old used one.I also ride far from home and an old belt would not get me home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Originally posted by 900cfi@Oct 14 2005, 01:36 PM
I agree with you on the spare belt.Who carries a old worn out belt for a spare.The fusion belts are crap as it is why would anyone carry an old used one.I also ride far from home and an old belt would not get me home.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929652
[/quote]

I never said it had to be worn out... But I sure as hell won't go out and blow $80 just to fill a void under the hood. Surely you have a 500-1000 mile belt laying around that will easily get you home?

Which brings up another point.... Who really goes out and puts 600 mile days in?
:bs: :bs: :bs: :share_doobie:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by fusion900@Oct 14 2005, 10:01 AM
The belt vibrates and rubs against the exhaust and cuts the edges of the belt.  This wrecks the spare belt.  Not sure what the fix is.........Belt on clutches don't last either.....as if I had to tell you guys this.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929283
[/quote]
that because yor supposed to put the belt more foreward kinda stuff it more down in front of the shock tower it dont rub then :div20: if i had my sled i would take a pic. the dealer showed me this. just like the back end of the looped belt sits in the clip
 

·
Registered
01 800 LE. 13 Indy 6 SP. 16 Pro S
Joined
·
54 Posts
Use a couple of tie-straps around the belt and you should have no trouble :div20:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Fusion9500 is right I shove mine nose down and clip the back if you dont want that 2 cable ties either way its not that hard :banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,462 Posts
Originally posted by 16 lake lodge@Oct 14 2005, 02:20 PM
Bull Sh!t. Sometime I'm 300 miles away from my cabin. Blow a belt & I should put some rag on just to get me out of the woods! Then what?
I also had the side of a new belt damaged by this aborted belt holder. Ended up stuffing it in the trunk. Know that's not the perfect place for it but didn't come up with a better place,  except a Poo engineers rear! :banghead:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=929610
[/quote]
I always have a brand new 1 in there , keep an old belt? why so ya can baby it all the way home, yeah now dosnt that sound like a shitload of fun.Besides I knew id be needing the new 1 within 250 miles , had to buy at least 1 every trip and 1/2 the trips bought 1 on trail too. total of 11 belts last yr, yes gentleman , the 04 800 classic was theprelude to the 05 fusion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Yeah...ahhh.. and why do you now have to install your spare belt into the holder a different way than what we have been doing for the past 20 years?

My spare belt is one that has about 30 odd miles on it and is properly broken in. I'd be pissed if it was burned on the pipe or otherwise ruined. The more I read the less I am impressed with the cleanfire engine sleds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
:div20:
Originally posted by rockrider@Oct 15 2005, 02:53 PM
Yeah...ahhh.. and why do you now have to install your spare belt into the holder a different way than what we have been doing for the past 20 years?

My spare belt is one that has about 30 odd miles on it and is properly broken in. I'd be pissed if it was burned on the pipe or otherwise ruined. The more I read the less I am impressed with the cleanfire engine sleds.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930929
[/quote]

I havent burned one belt on my exhaust, and its all in its original place... So you are less impressed with the cleanfire?? Why are you reading so much about the fuse and cleanfire??? Maybe we see you on the other side?? :div20: You are welcome :beerchug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,229 Posts
Originally posted by Tromso@Oct 15 2005, 04:30 AM
:div20:

I havent burned one belt on my exhaust, and its all in its original place... So you are less impressed with the cleanfire?? Why are you reading so much about the fuse and cleanfire??? Maybe we see you on the other side??    :div20:  You are welcome :beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930954
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!

Listen, if you can't find the ingenuity necessary to properly stow your belt or solve a simple problem like how to stow the rest of your gear before spending 8 to 10k on a sled....perhaps you are in the wrong sport?

I hear toboganning is much cheaper and there's plenty of room for your gear and your buddies! :banana:

As for the constant parade of doo & cat owners over here offering their unsolicited opinions....I find it interesting that I have just about enough time to keep up with the poo pages in my spare time. I guess these guys have a lot more down time that they convert into cruising pages where they have little constructive input to offer. Such a shame.......

Skip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
Originally posted by SHORTFUSED900@Oct 15 2005, 07:27 AM
My thoughts exactly!

Listen, if you can't find the ingenuity necessary to properly stow your belt or solve a simple problem like how to stow the rest of your gear before spending 8 to 10k on a sled....perhaps you are in the wrong sport?

I hear toboganning is much cheaper and there's plenty of room for your gear and your buddies! :banana:

As for the constant parade of doo & cat owners over here offering their unsolicited opinions....I find it interesting that I have just about enough time to keep up with the poo pages in my spare time. I guess these guys have a lot more down time that they convert into cruising pages where they have little constructive input to offer. Such a shame.......

Skip
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930982
[/quote]
i can't agree with you more.........i have just enough time to check out the poo pages myself.....it amazes me that all these cat,doo,yam guys have such interest in such a piece of shit (fusion).......
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top