Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I have a 28ft Trails West RPM Burandt edition with furnace. The furnace controls consist of a manual thermostat and a manual timer. The thermostat controls the temperature as well as the power on/off while the timer allows you to set the furnace to run for up to 6hrs. I'm looking for some advice on changing the timer to a digital set up. I would like to be able to have the furnace turn on at a certain time and run for a set amount of time. For example; Go out riding for the day and set the timer to come on at 3:00pm so that when you return from riding at 5:00pm, the trailer is already warm. I don't think I need to worry about changing the thermostat to have this option??? Just the timer?? Has anyone done this or seen a similar set-up or know of a device that would work?

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,330 Posts
It would be easier to replace the thermostat to a programmable one. That's what I have. Manual spring timer(6 hr) and digital programmable thermostat.
You'll need to use batteries for the digital thermostat. I hard wired mine to a 3.3V source so I never have to worry about replacing batteries.
Just terminate the 2 existing wires to W and R(RC).
I used a Honeywell RTH221B1021. Worked ok. Sometimes when it got super cold, the LCD would display "LO". I just turned my timer on manually to engage the furnace. It's a known issue with those tstats when they get super cold. I'll be looking for a replacement soon. Thanks for reminder (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be easier to replace the thermostat to a programmable one. That's what I have. Manual spring timer(6 hr) and digital programmable thermostat.
You'll need to use batteries for the digital thermostat. I hard wired mine to a 3.3V source so I never have to worry about replacing batteries.
Just terminate the 2 existing wires to W and R(RC).
I used a Honeywell RTH221B1021. Worked ok. Sometimes when it got super cold, the LCD would display "LO". I just turned my timer on manually to engage the furnace. It's a known issue with those tstats when they get super cold. I'll be looking for a replacement soon. Thanks for reminder (y)
Thanks for the info. Will the thermostat turn the furnace on/off, or do you still have to use the timer?

·
Registered
'17 XCR 800 / '18 XCR 800 SB
1,330 Posts
Yes, you can use either to turn on. I typically will only use the timer after done riding, to let things dry out.
I just need the timer when it gets super cold. Just that specific model's flaw. I'm probably running it below the operating temp though..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts