Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
i use a full face wit my baclava down unless its really cold then ill put it around my head... i was thinkin of usin an mx helmet until it blew off my head last weekend

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by arcticrider600@Jan 29 2003, 09:54 AM
i use a full face wit my baclava down unless its really cold then ill put it around my head... i was thinkin of usin an mx helmet until it blew off my head last weekend
:huh: When I was racing on Gogebic Lake, I was in the lead, of course...lol, and when I realized that I won... :D, sat up nice and tall, gave the boys my one finger salute, then damn near choked myself... :blink: I had some serious problems with my goggles though. We were in a lot of powder, and they froze up so bad I couldn't see crap...I may be going back to my full face. We'll have to see....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hands down, my opinion of course, MX style helmet is best. Offers best field of vision, hands down. I've put the full faces on at dealers and they all have tunnel vision. Must be something you could get used to, but with all the motocross I've done in past, can't see wearing anything else.

·
Registered
84 Posts
MX all the way..........

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Used a modular helmet one weekend and got major frostbite. Full face all the way for me from now on.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by arcticf7+Jan 29 2003, 10:45 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-arcticrider600
@Jan 29 2003, 09:54 AM
:huh: When I was racing on Gogebic Lake, I was in the lead, of course...lol, and when I realized that I won... :D, sat up nice and tall, gave the boys my one finger salute, then damn near choked myself... :blink: I had some serious problems with my goggles though. We were in a lot of powder, and they froze up so bad I couldn't see crap...I may be going back to my full face. We'll have to see....[/b]
yeah the strap almost took of my nose... im done ridin with them it was scarry and cost me 300 dollars for new glasses, i shoulda just thrown in my contacts, but since it was on the lake in mass i didn't really care, until i lost my glasses...i also noticed its significatly colder than my team arctic helmet

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
I have a MX. I use Oakley goggles with a double lens and a No Fog mask. My goggles have NEVER fogged......EVER. Powder, 20 below, 50 above. Never fogged. I love it. I don't think they are quite as comfortable as a full face though.
Cat s.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Mx style for sure. Neck doesn't get sore after a long day out. And, it never fogs. The only problem I've had with it is when it is foggy out. Only happened once, but man what a bitch of a time that is!

S

·
0 Posts
MX for sure! carry an extra prair of gogles and away u go, better vision, I use smith gogles with the summer nose gaurd so I don't freeze my nose.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I think you should have both MX & full face helmets. When it's very cold I need to have the full face to keep warm. 20 degrees and above I'll wear MX helmet w/quick sprap.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Guys get the best of both worlds, use a Mx style helmet, remove the standard visor, drill three pilot holes add screw in snaps to install a extra long Super Seer sliding shield, add the Quick strap system to your goggles, order up one thin baklava, and one no fog mask, goggles are easy on/off all the time, shield up in the woods, shield down on lakes and railroad beds or when encountering cross winds or extream cold. The oval racers have do it for years, there is a reason: IT WORKS. Actually, I have two helmets one with the above set up and then as standard bell moto 7 for warm weather riding only. Try it you'll like it and if not just put your visor back on and it hides the snaps.

·
Registered
978 Posts
if u use ur helmet alot sometime the qucik straps velcro will come unglued

i cant use them wit my warp goggles neways...i will egt them when i get new googles

1 - 20 of 22 Posts