Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have covered the MX style helmets pretty good already. What are you wearing when its too cold for the MX.
Ive been wearing a SkiDoo Modular for the last couple years and have been quite happy. The draw backs are, replacing the pads ever couple hours, freezing up with snowdust and a pretty confining feeling. The plus side was I never got cold and never had fogging problems and nothing to plug in.
Id like to change it up this year to get something less confining. I will hardwire to sled if needed.
What are the recommendations?

·
Registered
682 Posts
We have covered the MX style helmets pretty good already. What are you wearing when its too cold for the MX.
Ive been wearing a SkiDoo Modular for the last couple years and have been quite happy. The draw backs are, replacing the pads ever couple hours, freezing up with snowdust and a pretty confining feeling. The plus side was I never got cold and never had fogging problems and nothing to plug in.
Id like to change it up this year to get something less confining. I will hardwire to sled if needed.
What are the recommendations?[/b]
HJC ... most comfortable non confining helmets I have ever worn ... I started with a CL-10 and am now up to a CL-14 ... they are SNELL and DOT approved!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
The BV2S is the least confining of any full face/ modular due to the extra wide viewing area.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't found one yet that works as well for me as the modular. Its the only helmet that stops my glasses from fogging. I just bought the Doo snowcross one, to wear around here, and so far its been great, but I think it would be colder when we hit the minus temps in Canada.

If you are getting the freezing of the vents on your modular, you might want to look at the new Doo modulars, as they made the vents bigger. They also changed the shield, but I don't know if that changed how the helmet "feels" or if it opened up the viewing area

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Ive got a Polaris modular and I like it. Its comfortable, warm, doesnt ice up and with the heated faceshield it never fogs. Plus, it has a little flipdown sunvisor, which is pretty nice to have.
I used to be pretty big into MX helemts, but I like the modular better because its comfortable and I dont have the issues with helmet icing, goggle fitment, goggles fogging up, messing with a breathguard and with getting cold/getting frostbite.
Theres only 2 things I dont like about the modular:
1.) Cost. The helmet costs about $300 and the faceshields go for about $100. I know that you dont invest in a new helmet all that often, but thats still a lotta money to invest in a helmet.
2.) The respirator. I found the respirator to be rathar uncomfortable and I had a diffulcut time getting the vent tubes to snap into the helmet. A lot of times you would think it was snapped-in correctly, but as soon as you would close the front of the helmet the breathguard would come off. With a heated visor you dont really need the respriator, so I just dont use it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about an HJC CL-SP or FS-10
Also looking at the Bell Apex
Any feedback on these?

Id like to try something that doesnt have the mask in contact with your face like my doo helmets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts