Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys is there anyone who has put a fuel shut off on their 900 ace? Wanting to be able to shut fuel off and run engine til it runs out of fuel. I use a electric fuel pump to get as much gas out as I can but still can’t empty. Would love to be able to add another valve and suck the tank dry
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Might not be a good idea as your internal fuel pump will still want to pump fuel. Also just ad sta bil to fuel and let it run thru system...easier.

Reactions: Rev M&S and bar549

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's very hard on electric fuel pumps to run them out of fuel, I would highly recommend NOT doing it. Suck out as much as you can, add Seafoam, run it until fully warm 3/4 bars and let it sit until next season. When next season arrives, fill with fresh fuel and be ready to go.

Bob

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
We have always added stabil to the last tank when out riding..Then started sleds every month..
Make sure to wear helmet makes for a great feeling in July.LOL..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get rid of the junk gas. I always use sea foam in every tank and try to refill for storage with some race fuel cause it will keep longer

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And not a fan of starting every month during off season as I believe and been told it isn’t long enough and just draws moisture

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
And not a fan of starting every month during off season as I believe and been told it isn’t long enough and just draws moisture
Been doing it since 1971..Never any issues..
Each to there own..
4 strokes we let them run till they shut off them selves..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Fill the tank, stabilize it, run it. Done. No need to empty fuel; it isn't in there long enough. It will be running again in 6+ months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts