Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have put restrictors on(2005 models) the fuel system w/ guages what does the stock fuel pressure on the F6 usually read and what is the lowest safe settings you've tried? I've seen alot of talk on the F7's but didn't know if they run the same fuel pressures. I know ever sled is different but I was thinking of doing this and was wondering how much I would gain. Any dyno info on the 600's? Any one experience meltdowns by dropping too far? If so how far did you drop the pressure? Thanks guys. I will be using Speedwerx1000 set up if I do it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend and I have the same sleds and they both have a bog/hesitation from 0 to WOT. Wondering if they may be too rich on the bottom. We both turned the oil pumps down 2 turns but they both still hesitate badly-only from 0 to WOT instantly. Otherwise they run fine except they only go 86MPH on the lake. I'm sure thats in the secondary. I put a ODS clutch kit and speedwerx single on mine and I'm getting about 92 now. Was thinking PAC may help the bog? What do you guys think? Fuel oil ratio is about 48 to 1 now.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
The PAC is a top end mod. Bog off the line could be alot of things. Place to start would be belt deflection. If you think they are rich on the bottom causing a bog then add some air flow to the air box with bullseyes or TPI low boy valves. Another thing that can clean up the bottom end would be timing key 1.5 or 2, the gain a key gives is all bottom end and mid range.
As far as the top end only being 92 I would say it is from your secondary not fully shifting out. Lots of info on here about that. Going from what has been posted bikeman and D&D have a mod for the secondarys and ODS has put something together also.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
what would be a good key for an 05 F6 i have a low end bog as well like to get better low end to mid range pull?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
hey Tom, Did you ever do chop test on the plugs or take a look at the wash. The pac (fuel restrictor) will only affect the top of the RPM range. The 05' ecu's seemed pretty close down low and in the mid range. Like you said yourself and a couple other guys said i bet its in the secondary. I would have ODS work there magic. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
KoolKat

You may want to check out the post on the burnt pistons. The guy turned his down 2 and had bad lack of oil seizure. My F% had it happen 2 years ago.
C-note made a comment on 7/8 turn max. you may want to turn it up some.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Piston wash is fine. These were early order sleds and were using a qt. of oil every 70 miles! Its weird because we both adj. oil pumps in increments-btw w the shape of the rod you can only turn in increments of 1- anyway 1 turn did almost nothing -2 turns puts its at about 48 to 1 and 3 turns was about 62 to 1-too lean-We added oil to the fuel during these adjustments to ensure lubrication. As far as clutching there's only so much you can do w/o updating to the new sec.(already have ODS kit in-hopefully cat will make it right or the yamaha's will start looking good. Being that the were so rich in oil I wondering what the stock fuel PSI was at. I figure a PAC will tell me and if its at 42 to 43 just leave it there-but if its at 45 or 46 it shouldnt hurt to turn it down to 42-BTW these sleds were only getting 10 MPG as well. My 2003 F7 got 13 to 14.!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts