Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone take the fuel pump out of the tank to put the retainer on the pump itself for the smart valve update if so could you tell me the easiest way of doing it and what all i need to do i have to do the smart valve update today so anyinfo would be greatly appreciated...

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Were there no instructions in the update kit? I was going to do the update myself if the instructions looked easy enough. I don't have my kit yet though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes, It's very easy and self explanitory. Make sure your gas level is BELOW your pump, unhook the pump wires on motor side of tank, take gas line off (motor side of tank), and then just take the top nipple your gas line was on off and the nut underneath that and reach in your tank and grab the pump and pull the whole works out of the tank and change valve and retainer on a bench and put back in, it's not too tough.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah there were directions with the update but were a little shaky but after i started doing it it was nothing thanks alot for the info guys appreciate it ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts