Hardcore Sledder banner

fuel problem

703 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  burky 
#1 ·
I have a problem a 2001 polairis 600 edge x every time we shut her down it loads up with fuel.it runs good ,but now I would like to hear an educated opinion on this I think it may be the neddle and seats ,but I don,t want to spend the 260.00 dollars to replace and find out its not this. the carbs have been taken apart and everything looks fine but!!. any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks. :dunno:

#2 ·
i would agree likely needle and seats. you could shut the fuel valve off when you park the sled, if it doesn't fill with fuel then probably needle and seat. another way to check is pull carbs off, and drain. then you will need a small air pump, hold the carbs upside down, hook a hose to the fuel inlet and pressure up. they should hold about 10 psi, if air is leaking then try to clean them first but probably need replacing

#3 ·
Originally posted by bdpolar@Oct 16 2005, 08:00 PM
i would agree likely needle and seats. you could shut the fuel valve off when you park the sled, if it doesn't fill with fuel then probably needle and seat. another way to check is pull carbs off, and drain. then you will need a small air pump, hold the carbs upside down, hook a hose to the fuel inlet and pressure up. they should hold about 10 psi, if air is leaking then try to clean them first but probably need replacing
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=933913
[/quote]
Make sure your fuel tank vents are not pinched or plugged. It is unlikely that you are getting bleed thru the fuel pump into the vacuum line and then the bottom of the motor, but that is not hard to check. Its also possible that one of the floats in the carburetor bowl is no longer floating (cracked or carrying fuel in it). Odds are at least one of the float bowl inlet needle and seats is dirty or stuck or damaged, but getting this fixed sure shouldn't cost $260. The inlet needle and seats are part of the float assembly on the TM-38 slide valve. They are $70US each, but it is likely they can be cleaned and reused.

Send them to me, I will do it for only $255US :banana:

OR

Remove the two screws and should be able to get this assembly out so you can inspect and clean it with carb cleaner.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.