Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I am thinking about gettin a CF 800.
I currently ride a F7, and am thinking of going long track.
What is the experience of some CF800 owners with thier fuel consumption??
Have heard a few reports of them being a bit of a gas guzzler.
Is there some riders out there that have gone from a F7 type sled to the crossfire?
How was the transition?
I like catchin air with the F7, but the 13 inch track is a slug in the deep snow.

Cat guy in Canada

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine is great on fuel.
Still on my first tank supplied by the dealer.
No issues, no break downs, the sled is a work of art.
BTW the truth of the matter is that we have no freakin' snow here, & other than a lap around the lawn, I have not ridden it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I really wish I could tell you. But the truth is, I just hit 30 miles on my sled today. I really shouldn't have been out there, not enough snow yet. Only have about 5 inches on the ground. So all I know is I'm still on my first tanks as well. I would love to get through this break-in period and get some fresh gas in it. I will say this...that thing hit 70 mph today, like it was nothing. I was doing 40, and I hit it. Ski's came up, and she just took off. I'm really impressed. I still haven't put her to the bars yet. That sled screams.

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:
Still doing the dance. Maybe it really won't be in the 40's this week. :banghead:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was out with a friend who has a cf800 300 miles on it and he got 70 miles on a tank of fuel. I think he is over reving and spinning lots. Some clutch work and a 2" track would be the first thing I would look at

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
We just retruned from the Snowy Range so we were running at high altitude most of the time. My wife was on the 06 XF 700 and I was riding the 07 XF 800SP. Each time we fueled up the 800 took about 5%-10% more fuel then the 700. The 800 is brand new and still breaking it in. Also, I'm on the gas a little more then my wife.
Oil consumption was almost equal on both machines.

Gas mileage is around 13-14 mpg on each machine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was out with a friend who has a cf800 300 miles on it and he got 70 miles on a tank of fuel. I think he is over reving and spinning lots. Some clutch work and a 2" track would be the first thing I would look at[/b]

We are lucky here in Sask. to have all this snow, this early. :banana:
Best we have had in 20 years. So we have the jump on riding time.
My F7 gets way more than 70 miles on a tank though.
Just put on 70 miles today, and have 3/8 tank left.
So the CF800 just may be a fuel hog. :dunno:
But with all this snow to ride on all winter, I thought it may be time for a long tracker.......
And the piss-ass track they come with definatly would need an upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts