Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten a notice on this recall yet? Just wondering if it's them checking a zip tie, or what the extent of this one is.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had several notices on my Assault 800. Talked to the dealer about a month ago and they ordered the parts to get mine done. They had the parts about a week later, not sure what they are but there are some parts to be replaced apparently. They are doing the fix sometime next month for me so I can sell or trade the sled this fall. I have a new Assault 650 ordered so I'm probably just going to trade it with the dealer because i want to make sure the new sled arrives before I get rid of this one.

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
I would guess that anyone with a sled purchased and registered with Polaris to their current address has gotten the recall letter. The concern is the fuel line rubbing on the airbox. The actual work/parts can go two ways.
After they have inspected the fuel line for wear...
1. If it is not worn, they just make sure the fuel line is routed and secured properly.
2. ELSE, they have to replace the fuel line, and make sure that it is routed and secured properly. They should check it for leaks after it has been replaced.

Polaris will not allow the dealers to farm this out to customers, because the dealer and Polaris have to verify, for sure, how many of these have been inspected and properly repaired. If it is marked in their books and then that is transmitted to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC government), IF it was not actually inspected or repaired, the dealer and Polaris would be in trouble.

·
Premium Member
4,540 Posts
Thanks to the operative that emailed me this link:

It details all the year/model combinations involved. Rush, Switchback, Adventure, RMK, Voyageur, Indy.

The Government agencies involved include the United States: CPSC and Canada's: Health Canada

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was just at the dealer for parts yesterday and they're so backed up with setting up new Rangers and RZR's that they said they're not even thinking about looking at sleds till mid September.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Mikey86, my son's dealership said the same thing. Polaris is selling TONS of side-by-sides, so he'll have to wait until this fall to get his fuel line checked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts