Hardcore Sledder banner

Fuel Injection Help

494 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Kicker806 
#1 ·
Working on a friend's '93 580 Pantera EFI. I'm not real familiar with those EFI systems. I know the older Polaris EFI's needed to have a full charge on the battery to run right. Does the '93 Pantera need the same, or is it considered a "batteryless" EFI system (and the battery is just for the electric start)? Has been sitting a while and can't get it running. Thanks for any help.

Pretty amazing - this thing looks NEW and only has 900 miles!

#4 ·
Someone can correct me if I am wrong. The first A/C efi sleds relied on a good, fully charged battery to run the efi system. I believe '97 was the first "batteryless" efi year. My Cat manual for my 95 ZR efi states battery voltage must be at least 9 amps minimum to safely operate the efi. Check your battery condition if your sled has been setting for a long period of time. When you turn the key on, can you hear the fuel pump run and/or is there any dash lights on? When I turn they key in my ZR, I can hear the pump run and the battery and coolant light in the tach comes on. When the sled starts they both should go out in a couple seconds. If it stays on your charging system or your battery is bad. Hope this helps.
Good luck.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info, guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.