Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel real bad for us "hardcore" Northeast riders!

I also feel pretty bad for all the owners and workers in the seasonal employment game!

However, I don't feel bad for all the city's and towns that are saving hundreds of thousands of dollars that were put aside for salt, sand and plowing throughout the winter season..........fuck them because they'll just mismanage those surpluses away on something stupid like they always do............

I'm afraid to say this but certain parts of the Northeast might not even get 1 foot of snow all season - hopefully places like Tug Hill and Old Forge will still get at least 5-6 weeks of good riding in from the end of January through February. The "good" riding days could still easily beat last years joke of a season so when it falls don't blink.

Later

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey Tim, watch your language here. (ha-ha). Don't we all feel bad. Just think of all those guys that bought new sleds this season too. They might not even get try them out. A buddy of mine asked me if the camp ground would give us a refund on the cabin. I told him. "Are you kidding me, they're the only ones that will maybe break even this season with the pre-season rentals". I'm no weather man but I fear the season is down the drain. Maybe Northern Canada latter on in February might be OK........

Michael

·
Registered
492 Posts
as it appeared in the NY Post .

"December 26, 2006 -- UTICA, N.Y. - The lack of snow upstate has limited winter recreational activities and hurt businesses in the region that are dependent on winter weather.

A New York State Snowmobile Association economic impact study estimated that snowmobiling contributes about $875 million to the state economy, but the industry is being hurt by the mild weather. "

·
Registered
163 Posts
guys guys guys you need to keep the faith! Better days are coming , I fractured my pelvis back in oct 06 and i think good old mother nature was just waiting for me to let her know that i was ready to ride . :div20: WELL MOTHER NATURE IM FREAKING READY SO LET THE SNOW FALLITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna ride till APRIL!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts