Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about going to a FST Touring in the near future, and would appreciate any comments from current owners on their likes/dislikes. I consider myself a fan of 2 strokes, but my wife does not like the smell of oil, and I'm thinking a 4 stroke might get her more involved. My current rides are a 02 700 xcsp and a 97 Ultra touring. What doyou guys think?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am sure that you will get various responses from this crowd, as you have probably seen all of the complaints from many FST owners.

I for one think that it would be a good thing to consider. My better half hates the smell of me after coming in from using our little 2-stroke .blower. She doesn't complain anymore about the smell when I come home from sledding. Now all she complains about is me gone so long to ride. I consider that an improvement.

The four stroke (FST anyway) makes great power. You don't notice it as much from a dead standstill, but the midrange through topend pull is incredible. The other thing you notice is all of the other noises a sled makes since the exhaust is so darn quiet. I was worried that the sled was falling apart when I first rode it. It was normal, it was just that the 2-stroke exhaust covered up all of the other noises that I was hearing. There is no vibration at all (other than the track), and the motor is smoother than a two-stroke could ever hope to be. If you like to corner carve trails without the wife on the back, you may be a little dissapointed due to the weight of the machine, but it will make her a much happier person. If the wife isn't happy, no one is happy...

·
Registered
36 Posts
There is tons of info on this forum except now you have to search through 153 pages instead of 20 when it was a FST FS only forum. This would not be a problem if you could do a search with FST in it but you can't. If they could change the search engine this combining of models would not be such a pain in ass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
obewon,
i made the switch this year to a FST Cruiser from a 02 600 edge and a 99 700 XC.

i couldn't be happier with the desision.... I've ridden the vectors - while a nice sled, didn't have the midrange feel of a 2 stroke.

like you, i was - read WAS a 2 stroke fan. i've been converted.

the only drawback is the lawnmower sound especially at idle or low RPM. sounds better at higher RPM.

maybe a new muffler for me next year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts