Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else a little nervous about the apparant overheating problems Polaris had with the pre-production FST's? I would not be very happy if i was unable to ride my new sled for hours at a time due to overheating issues. Would Polaris release this sled knowing they had problem like this? My FST classic will be mostly on the the packed trails so i hope they aren't hoping that i'll "splash" alot of snow on the heat exchangers and the problem will go away :help:

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,618 Posts
Originally posted by gizz@Aug 29 2005, 08:45 PM
Anyone else a little nervous about the apparant overheating problems Polaris had with the pre-production FST's? I would not be very happy if i was unable to ride my new sled for hours at a time due to overheating issues. Would Polaris release this sled knowing they had problem like this? My FST classic will be mostly on the the packed trails so i hope they aren't hoping that i'll "splash" alot of snow on the heat exchangers and the problem will go away :help:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852592
[/quote]

Soooo, where did this info come from?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Page 36 of the new issue of Snowgoer magazine. The issue was a review of ALL brands of sleds the were available during Rode Reports 2006 in March at Daniels Summit, UT. They acknowledged that these were prototypes but the concern was that it affected most of the FST's that Polaris brought to the event. The article explains that Polaris officials acknowleged that overheating was an issue throughout the development of the FST and to correct the problem the heat exchanger in front of the driveshaft was enlarged by more than 75% and coolant flow was adjusted to evacuate heat more effectively.

I'm hoping Polaris wouldn't release a sled with known issues (especially overheating issues) but after the 2005 Fusion i'm just a little concerned. I would like to hear from someone that might have a little more inside information on this prototype problem and whether or not Polaris is confident that they have it under control.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
some 660s have the same problem might be worth buying a longer snowflap for it hopefully help the issue before you find out if your sled as the problem

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Originally posted by gizz@Aug 29 2005, 08:45 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852592
[/quote]
At the dealer conference Wednesday they said that the FS/FST front heat exchanger has been enlarged and that routing of the wiring and of the plumbing has been improved. Remember this sled has a radiator, and this will provide some cooling to the engine without having snow thrown on the heat exchangers.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Radiator will make ALL the difference. That's why they work so well on cars which use no snow for cooling. My 660 AC's never over heat and don't have radiators. Just adequate heat exchangers. I run them for 30 min at a time in 80 degree temps in the summer to keep the battery charged and remove dampness. So if they put lots of heat exchanger on them, the trouble of over heating won't be an issue. It can be done by heat exchanger alone.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
my 660 has over heated a few times but my suspension is really stiff so it doesnt squat like its supposed to a longer snowflap would get it done also but i dont like them and it doesnt happen often enough for me to worry

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Originally posted by super sled@Nov 15 2005, 12:03 AM
I would not worry about it to much polaris will take care of you just look at all the happy fusion owners.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1009303
[/quote]

We really need to get a forum for the Arctic Cat people. They seem to have some real issues, and I don't mean mechanical!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yep, and yamaha never had an over heat issue on the RX-1 either, but oh, ah.....they made a nice after market heat exchanger made for the unit at YOUR cost, which YOU install and which CAME standard on all next year models.

But they had no known over heat issues on record.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts