Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
beeler, I don't write to much but i do read alot and i really appreciate you input and maybe i'll even get around to sending you my shocks to get revalved but, i think i'll wait till spring cause i've changed the retainer and put the new skis on and waiting to try out.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,316 Posts
One of the problems we will encounter is that you cannot use a search word that is less than 4 characters long.

If you want to make searching easier on this site, we might use something like:

FSTFST six character search word, does not occur in any Normal English terminology or postings.

I should mention how I feel about the combining of the forums. I would have preferred to be asked about this, as was done when the split was made. I have worked with large computer systems for many years, I don't see how putting the same number of threads, with the same number of posts, and the same number of users, into fewer forums, is going to reduce the load on the server. I do see how it would simplify the manufacturer sections some, but there are going to be many posts where you can't figure out enough background to understand the post, or to help the poster.

The following post, may give some insight into what happened.

Rob's post deciding not to change the brand forums

·
Registered
952 Posts
I don't see how putting the same number of threads, with the same number of posts, and the same number of users, into fewer forums, is going to reduce the load on the server. I do see how it would simplify the manufacturer sections some, but there are going to be many posts where you can't figure out enough background to understand the post, or to help the poster.[/b]
My thoughts exactly. I can actually see the server load going up. More clicks looking thru posts = more server load.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Bluetoy, I don't want to be a pain about your comment, but just went to polarisfiles.com and found 4 topics on FST's and 21 replies. Does not sound like many of you went there! Let's all try the new setup and be happy we even have a site like this!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Bluetoy, I don't want to be a pain about your comment, but just went to polarisfiles.com and found 4 topics on FST's and 21 replies. Does not sound like many of you went there! Let's all try the new setup and be happy we even have a site like this![/b]

And the reason is, nobody has been there for more than an hour.

There is nothing wrong with posting in both places, particularly the group FST/FS on Polarisfiles.com

Once Rob gets his ducks in a row, the group in FST can decide if they want to eliminate one of the postings.

This is a good group not trying to bring anyones post down, or cause issues. I think HC is a fine site, but there are issues that need to be worked out and there are lots of places to post. So long as everyone knows WHERE to post, it doesn't hurt to post in othe forums til those issues get resolved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts