Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my sled back from having the ECU replaced and reflashed correctly. They did a nice job on everything, secured some loose wires/hoses/etc. BUT i did notice that the clear gas vent/overflow lines are no longer down by my left foot. I don't want to call for something this trivial but i would like to know where they are supposed to be? Cause if they are supposed to be there then i need to pull off some plastic and find out where they went. The way i noticed was that i was sitting on the seat adjusting my RAM mount and i could smell gas fumes likely from the vent so i looked and they weren't down by the left foot.

Another thing i noticed, and kind of scary is that after starting the sled and letting it run for about 15 minutes it got to about 170 and i shut it down. I mounted my RAM mount for my GPS but did not mess with any wiring although i did have to pull the one headlight to get my hands in there. I restarted the sled with the intention of checking the GPS and when i started it up everything was fine for about 10 seconds and then the CEL came on solid for about 20 seconds then it went off and the sled warmed up to about 175. Is this normal or should i be concerned? I'm just wondering if those gas tank vents might be pinched somewhere and this caused the momentary CEL to come on.

I think i might just need snow so that i can really test this sucker out.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,316 Posts
There is no way, you can tell for sure if your gas vent hoses are routed correctly, or even hooked up, without pulling the 6 T-25 headed screws that hold the console and taking a look.

I usually prefer to route the vent hoses out of sight under the console, but on the MY07 the gas tank vent is simply a large clear hose, with NO check/oneway valves on it, routed along the handlebar hoop to the tunnel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.